“WOW!!!! This IS the place to stay if you are any where close to Sedona.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Auberge de Sedona

L'Auberge de Sedona
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“WOW!!!! This IS the place to stay if you are any where close to Sedona.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

WOW!!!!! I was talked into looking at the L'Auberge by Deborah Kootnz while looking for a place for our annual company trip. She told me I would be impressed and man was I.
From the moment I started working with Deborah and Elizabeth it was a pleasure. I plan these trips every year and this was by far the best ever. My staff, the agents and their families had nothing but great things to say about their stay. From the day we got there Scott, Graham, Jason, the concierge team, the valet team all the way down to house keeping were exceptional. The rooms, the food, the ambience.....it is worth every penny if you want a luxurious property with a beautiful view. Thank you again everyone at L'Auberge, our company will be back!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OldSuretyLife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Polish first
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and I had a lovely stay at L’Auberge. We stayed in a Vista Suite for 3 nights. More details are below, but to sum it up, I will go back.

The room was well equipped. I liked having a coffee maker and refrigerator. It is nice to make a quick cup of coffee without calling room service to pay $20 and wait 30 minutes. I have attached pictures of the room, but there is a gas fireplace, jetted tub, outdoor shower, and big deck. Internet is free in the room, which I greatly appreciate. Nothing is more annoying than paying $500 a night only to be charged $20 for wireless. Note to management: I was able to access the internet from the Wildflower Bread Company at the top of the hill. This could be why it was EXTREMELY slow. I would suggest adding a password to prevent neighbors from hopping on.

Staff was very nice and we felt well-tended to without being smothered. There is a mandatory resort fee that eliminates tipping. (I tried to tip the bellman and he refused it.) It is nice to get rid of the tipping ritual, but I was concerned that the staff wouldn’t work as hard, given that their was no extra incentive. My worries were unfounded, the staff was great. I also like that they put water in your car when they bring it to you.

I went to the spa for an essential oil wrap and 90 minute massage. I absolutely loved Bonnie. I wished I were local so I could go to her regularly. The spa facility isn’t anything to write home about, but it was fine.

The restaurant setting is gorgeous and the food was great. Ignore the comments about how expensive it is – are you surprised? Don’t go to a four star hotel and expect cheap food. Next time, I plan to get a bottle of wine and plant myself at one of the fire-pit tables. The atmosphere is so relaxing.

Great place for a relaxing time – I only saw 1 kid. I like kids, just not on my vacation. I would recommend L’Auberge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jacquie920
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Our first time to Sedona and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. We loved our spa cottage with it's own private outdoor shower and large sunny balcony. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Sedona. The staff, from valet to front desk agents to the wait staff to the concierge and house keepers, everyone was incredibly nice and out of the way helpful. I have to give a special shout out to, Scott! He checked us in and showed us to our room and was always around to provide answers to any inquiries. Loved Sedona and loved L'Auberge!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scoshi
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

We had a great stay at L'Auberge de Sedona. We only had time for one night stay. Stayed in a creekside cottage, I'd recommend it if you have the money to do it, it's spectacular to stay by the creek. Rooms were clean and very nice. The outside shower was fun to use. My husband and I went to the spa. The spa is in the process of completing a renovation and the gym was not yet available. Not much to say about the spa, it was small and ok for a basic massage/peddi/manni, not a full service spa destination.

Staff was very nice. Overall we enjoyed it and will go back again some time.

Room Tip: Cottage 18 is close to the water
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phillagirl
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I am in the resort business and have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world. This resort provides impeccable service and a unique resort experience that rivals anyplace we have visited before. If you are looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience with first class service, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank GourmetFoodie1
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

Great place to stay and best employees ever. From the time of checking in with Othelia, to meeting Scott, manager, and all the wonderful staff, we could not have been treated better. We were crazy about staff member Adam and Connor. They were so helpful. Randy met us each day with the biggest smile in valee as well as Allen. Adam was absoutely outstanding. Graham did a wonderful job helping us plan our trip.

Our cottage was fabulous...looking out at the red rocks and near Oak Creek. Great food at the main restaurant in L'Auberge de Sedona.

Scott is an expert in hotel management. All resorts should be so lucky as to have this staff. Recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anitaspaht
Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

we loved every minute of our stay in a creekside cottage. the cottage was gorgeous and even had an outdoor shower. the porch was just lovely and so relaxing. the walk along the creek with chairs, water and newspapers was beautiful. the whole trip was great. Graham , the concierge was very helpful planning our day trips. we got maps and full instructions for each of our excursions. we went on many beautiful hikes and drove to the grand canyon one day. the vacation was just perfect.

1 Thank baker_1030