“Wonderful Hospitality”

The Suites at Sedona
Ranked #3 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2005

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Boots and Sadles for 4 days and 5 nights. Our hosts where the most charming, informative and helpful people. When we first arrived, they spent at least 45 minutes with us giving us helpful information, from the best places to eat, to the best places to shop or site see, they new it all. They even made reservations for us upon request. Our room was immaculate, cozy and had a wonderful view of the Red Rocks. Our breakfasts were, too say the least, gormet. Each day was differenet, everything home made, nothing off the shelf of a market. The breakfast area was delightful and warm. Our stay at Boots and Saddles made our first visit to Sedona memorable. I will not hesitate to tell any of my friends who plan on a visit to Sedona to book a room at this excellent B&B.
Lynn and Anne Craven

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Suites at Sedona

Reviewed October 20, 2005

First trip to Sedona and I was lucky enough to get a room at Boots and Saddles. The inn keepers are locals and will plan the day with you so you know where to go and how to do it. Breakfast is served by Sam and Irith at 8:30. They serve you enough food that you can skip lunch! The hot tub was great at night and the in room jacuzzi will spoil you. Skip the resorts and hotels and stay here, because when get to Boots and Saddles you will never want to leave.

2  Thank Cartoon_Fish
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed October 10, 2005

What a wonderful experience. Sam and Irith were incredibly gracious and made us feel as though we were being invited into their own home. The room was spotless and there were even water bottles in the refrigerator we used on our hike. Sam was an artist in the kitchen and served beautiful, delicious breakfasts. I normally eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but I was spoiled after a weekend with Sam and Irith. Besides the great food, they told some great stories and helped us plan our days and nights while in Sedona. We have already recommended Boots and Saddles to our friends and family and intend to stay there in the spring when we take our next trip to see the amazing red rocks of Sedona!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2005

DITTO to all of the other reviews. We were so happy we picked Boots and Saddle for our stay in Sedona. Sam and Irith KNOW Sedona and made all the difference in making our stay in Sedona such a fantastic one. We were never disappointed with any of their suggestions and directions. Sam has it down to the 10th of a mile! Their attention to detail is evident in their warm and tasteful accomodations and in the fabluous breakfasts and snacks. Even though not all the rooms have a direct view of the mountains it only takes a few steps outside the door and you are in view of the beautiful red rock mountains. B & S is immediately located in a small business district but is warm and hospitable inside. The location makes it easy access to all of Sedona. We would highly reocmmend Boots and Saddle especially if you don't know the area cuz Sam and Irith will be your personal guides. We REALLY loved all the beautiful hiking. We only hope we can get back there in the future.

2  Thank sonographer
Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 3, 2005

It is with great pleasure that we write this letter recommending Boots and Saddles as your place to stay for a visit to Sedona. My wife and I, looking for a quieter and charming place to stay happened upon the Boots and Saddles website and after having initially been intrigued, we decided to read some reviews similar to what you now see here. Sam and Irith are getting these great reviews because their message and what they are selling is consistent with what they deliver when you are there. Their mantra is “kick off your boots and we’ll take care of the rest.” Here is among what you can expect:

-An impeccably clean room tastefully decorated by Irith herself in a southwest style that sets the mood for your entire stay. They even thought of all the details to make your stay comfortable and relaxing.
-Hot tubs, both inside for privacy and outside for a view of the stellar nighttime display.
-Accommodations for horseback riding or Colorado river rafting or jeep tours made by Sam at your request
-Suggestions on some of the best restaurants and activities – Sam will even reserve the table for you.
-Delectable breakfasts every morning that alternates between the sweet and savory with wonderful taste and presentation.

Boots and Saddles is an intimate setting with 4 rooms and the 8 or so people that were there during our stay who we found personable and social. Sam and Irith are gracious hosts as well, share your stories with them, get to know them and stay as long as you can (4 days was not enough for us).

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2005

While we stayed in Sedona for 8 days, we were only afforded the opportunity to stay at Boots & Saddles for 2 nights. Those 2 nights were the best! Sam and Irith were such wonderful hosts; the room and view were beautiful and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. Upon arrival, and after a full day of travel, Irith greeted us with such warmth and some suggestions on what we might be up for to finish off our day. They were always there to make recommendations for your day; give you tips; make reservations for you, etc. The next time we go back to Sedona, we will make sure we get to stay longer at Boots & Saddles. Thanks so much Sam & Irith for making our 1st stay in Sedona a memorable one.

Sue & Ray Sanderson
Mentor, Ohio

Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank Bunny223
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Okay....I have honestly sat down for a full day upon arriving home and wondered how I could possibly write a review of Boots and Saddles that would give you the proper idea of how special this place is. If you have stayed here, you know. If you are planning on staying here, you will. If you are thinking of staying anywhere else in Sedona...please forgive me, but you are crazy!

I found B and S on this website and read the reviews as I often do. I was afraid to call and hear that they would be booked. It was a last minute trip and I thought for sure we'd be out of luck. From the moment Sam answered his phone and told me that the Gentlemen Cowboy room was available, I could not wait to arrive. He was so warm and friendly on the phone. I felt like I had just gotten off the phone with a old friend. I would like to add at this moment, if you do not have a minute, you might want to move on to the next review because I am going to be awhile. :-) Okay...where was I? Ah yes, my old friend Sam, which is exactly how I felt about this man whom I had never met.

We arrived after a long drive and were greeted by a very special lady named Irith. I can still picture her at the door with open arms. I cannot tell you how unbelievably charming and special Irith and Sam are. You will simply have to go and meet them for yourselves. I immediatly spotted the homemade chocolate chip cookies and popped one in my mouth. LOL! I continued to do this for the remainder of the time we were there I might add. They were the best CCC's I've had. Oh man....I am going on and on, huh? I simply cannot help it, it was one of those times that you have in your life where everything is perfect!!

The room was beautifully and tastefully done by the talented Irith. We felt like we were transplanted into the Old West. The jacuzzi tub is even better in person than what you see in pictures. We relaxed each night in the jacuzzi, looking into the stars that so magically silouetted Thunder Mountain. The bed was SO comfortable that only the smell of Sam's cooking in the morning could get me up and out. Now, I know you've heard this man can cook, but let me tell you one more time. He is truly an artist. I simply COULD NOT wait to have breakfast each morning. Take a look at the photos and you will see what I am talking about. Not only was the food delicious and fun to look at, but the conversation each morning with Sam and Irith and their other guests was just as much fun. To Susan and Jim, if you happen to read this, Hello!! We hope you had a safe trip home.

I am going to wrap this up now even though I could go on and on. I do have to say that the reason we were in Sedona was to celebrate our engagement and when we arrived we decided to get married. We got married on September 22nd on Cathedral Rock and it was truly the best day of my life. I am so happy that Sam and Irith were a part of our journey in Sedona. We had the time of our lives. They made every moment a little more special.

In closing, I'd like to say (if you have made it this far) that you need not look further for a place to stay in Sedona. If you have found Boots and Saddles, you have found home.

Much love to you--Sam and Irith

We will see you again soon!!!

Keirda and Rick

P.S. I would have added a ton more pictures but this was all I was allowed.

6  Thank Appleshaker