“Enjoyable”

Thai Spices Natural Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh, mouth-watering, natural Thai cuisine prepared by master chef Pearl Pardee and her staff. Modest prices in a casual atmosphere serving beer, wine and drinks at our full service bar. Thai Spices is known for its outstanding Thai Cuisine which has been the recipient of numerous awards and acknowledgements over the years, including The Greater Sedona/VOC Area Award for Best Thai Restaurant for 11 years running.
Prescott, Arizona
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Very interesting menu. A lot of interesting Thai dishes to choose from. Both my wife and I enjoyed the dishes we ordered. Service was also very good.

Visited April 2014

Broomfield, Colorado
“Good food at a reasonable cost.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had dinner here and very much enjoyed the meal. As some have stated, the decor is a bit drab, only somewhat in theme, but the food is fabulous and the prices very reasonable. We noticed that they had a large crowd every evening when we drove by, which is part of what convinced us to give it a try.

• Visited April 2014
Pleasanton, California
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This little restaurant should be at the top of everyone's list who visits Sedona. The food is excellent...fresh, flavorful and healthy. It comes as mild or hot as you wish to make it. We spilt the cashew vegetable with organic chicken and brown rice. The plate was plenty for the two of us. I added some hot chili sauce since I enjoy a little heat. The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable considering this is Sedona. Our server was polite and fast. Don't be put off by the generally simple and bland interior....the food is worth it! It has ample parking and is easy to locate in West Sedona. We will eat here again!

• Visited April 2014
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Among the Best Thai Restaurants We've Tried”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you like Thai food prepared with the freshest ingredients and lots of love, try Thai Spices. Although not the only Thai restaurant in town, it is the best. The petit owner (we complimented her) is heavily involved with the operation and takes great pride in her business as do the servers. Service is excellent although the small dining room can fill up quickly during peak Sedona tourist times. My wife and I had one of our best Sedona dinners here but then, we love ethnic food. This restaurant would be rate high regardless of city or town.

• Visited March 2014
World Traveler
“Average - not authentic”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The decor is depressing ... At best. Two separate rooms add to the lack of atmosphere. Furniture can be best described as 80's stale furniture.
Service was attentive.
Food was average at best. Menu is not authentic Thai. Pad Thai had an orange-looking sauce that did not belong there. It lacked spice and flavor. Green Curry was average - although spice level was good.

Visited April 2014
pearlpardee, Owner at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Tango & Luna,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us,

Im so sorry your experience at my restaurant was not to your liking and that the food did not taste like what you were used to having perhaps in other Thai restaurants. .

I realize my food may seem different than traditional Thai food, and that is due to the fact that I do not use any unhealthy flavorings that many other Thai restaurants use.

I use mostly organic and always natural flavorings like coconut palm sugar instead of regular sugar, we also use a nice blend of herbs and fruits for our famous pad thai and always fresh ingredients in our tom kah soups and curries.

I trained and cooked for the Thai royal family for many years and after extensive training in macrobiotic cooking I learned the value of nutrition in food and the importance of natural cooking, which is why I blend my Thai cooking with this technique.

It is not my intention to cook traditional Thai food but to offer more tasty and natural Thai food.

We have been in business for 25 years and have had our ups and downs, but overall we have a very nice following, mostly because of the healthy style of Thai cooking we do.

I would like to offer you to come visit us again and ask for me and I would be happy to talk to you more about our healthy Thai food in detail. I think you will like the food better this time.

Pearl Pardee