“Unexpected in Sedona”

Thai Spices Natural Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh, mouth-watering, natural Thai cuisine prepared by master chef Pearl Pardee and her staff. Modest prices in a casual atmosphere serving beer, wine and drinks at our full service bar. Thai Spices is known for its outstanding Thai Cuisine which has been the recipient of numerous awards and acknowledgements over the years, including The Greater Sedona/VOC Area Award for Best Thai Restaurant for 11 years running.
San Diego
“Unexpected in Sedona”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was an unexpected find while in Sedona this past weekend. I checked out the restaurant the night of Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, and it was a full house. Yet, when I showed up, I was lucky to get the last 2-seater in the back and I was seated promptly. I saw the board with specials, and zeroed in on what I thought appealed to me. The lone waitress who took orders saw that I was ready, as I gave her a smile, and she came to take my order straightaway. I asked her opinion about the Thai Duck on the regular menu and the Phuket Shrimp on the specials board. She was very helpful in that she made an actual choice, saying those two are very different from each other, but she herself prefers the Phuket Shrimp. I like that she took a stand and made a choice.

The dinner portion was fantastic! There were several plump shrimps (~10, I think) in the dish. I was alone, so I decided to take the rest home. I asked for plastic utensils because I knew I can take the left-overs to my destination the next day (Saguaro National Park in Tucson). It worked out so well, since there was nowhere to eat at the park. The Phuket Shrimp was very good, by the way, and so was the Tofu Tom Ka soup that I ordered as first course.

I know that I found a good Thai restaurant in Thai Spices. I had all types of American restaurant suggestions from a Sedona resident who works in CA. I was very glad to just see Thai Spices off 89A. I will bring family here next time when I take them to visit Sedona in the future.

The restaurant is not fancy looking, but clean. I even used the bathroom and it was fine. The place is definitely recommendable.

• Visited January 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“Best Fresh Spring Rolls ever!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Sedona over New Years. Took our Thai order "to-go" back to our hotel. Portions were relatively large and easily fed our family of 7 with lots of leftovers. My Pad Thai was excellent, probably the best I've had in AZ since moving here 5 years ago. (Only wish they had a combo pad thai with 'everything' - I had to choose) Hands down, the "fresh spring rolls" were the best I've ever had. I could actually taste the fresh herbs! Family enjoyed Tom Yum Gai soup, Thai friend rice, ginger-garlic chicken & broccoli, fried egg rolls. Everything was filling and satisfying. Had we known the portions were so large, we likely would have ordered less food. Can't wait to return someday.

• Visited December 2013
Knox
“Love the Healthy Food”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you are looking to try Thai food this would e the best place. Lots of choices for everyone, even the kids. I' m in love with the peanut sauce and my husband loves the Ginger Salmon. The girl at the front desk should be replaced or retrained as she is very disorganized and slow. But that being said......the food is soooo good you will want to return. If you are in a hurry then call in your order and do take out. Large portions. Affordable prices for Sedona. I eat here often.

• Visited April 2013
Boca Raton
“Authentic Thai for real!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Just ate the freshest veggies in a ginger sauce! My son ordered chicken Satay in a warm peanut sauce. All the dishes we ordered were fantastic. The decor inside the restaurant has pictures of different canyons.I would come back again for sure!

London, United Kingdom
“Food is amazing”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Thai Spices is an amazing restaurant, the food is naturally prepared under the stewardship of Pearl, the owner. I have eaten at this restaurant several times, my last visit was disappointing because of the Christmas and New Year rush, the restaurant was incredibly busy and the receptonist was not very organised which caused confusion with the orders and unfortunately I was forced to wait for 45 minutes, the food was worth it though. I will return, the authenticity of the food is truly worth a visit, I wil be returning.

• Visited December 2013