“Superb Thai Cuisine”

Thai Spices Natural Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 196 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Description: Fresh, mouth-watering, natural Thai cuisine prepared by master chef Pearl Pardee and her staff. Modest prices in a casual atmosphere serving beer, wine and drinks at our full service bar. Thai Spices is known for its outstanding Thai Cuisine which has been the recipient of numerous awards and acknowledgements over the years, including The Greater Sedona/VOC Area Award for Best Thai Restaurant for 11 years running.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Superb Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent meal this evening and I cannot imagine how this superb restaurant is languishing so low in the ratings. On the wall are the certificates for best Asian cuisine for 13 years running and they deserve it!
I had the Satay Chicken, which was a meal in itself, followed by the Phuket Prawn/ Shrimp and I asked for it to be "spiced up" and it was. My better half had the spring roll ( again a starter masquerading as a main course) followed by garlic and chilli chicken, which was nice and spicy.
Our only complaint was that the main course was served before we had finished the starter. I mentioned to the young lady on reception when we booked a return visit next week that we want to enjoy our food and we do not expect that to happen again. She took our comments on board and we are really looking forward to returning. The Malbec, incidentally is excellent and sensibly priced.

Visited October 2013

Gurnee, Illinois
“Great food and service with decent prices, and a good beer selection.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We always ask if there are any specials, and were presented with a list of specials. We had a Thai spring roll appetizer, which was very fresh tasting and spiced with fresh basil and lemongrass. We also had two main courses off the special menu, shrimp and seafood oriented. The seafood was good tasting, and the sauces were each unique and well prepared. The spicing was a bit bland for our taste, but that was our fault. The only negative comment was that one of the seafood combinations contained a white fish that was way overcooked. This was one of the beat meals we had in the Sedona area.

Bellevue, Washington
“Not traditional Thai and question if Gluten Free/Rice noodles used”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I both had Pad Kea Mow with chicken. We have had this dish many times at other restaurants and are very familiar with how it should taste and what ingredients should be used. It is traditionally prepared with wide rice noodles. This version used what appeared to be a wheat noodle like vermicelli. The sauce was no where close to what I expected. There were no tomatoes in it like there should be. Like other reviewers have said, they are a bit heavy handed with the heat so order less heat than what you usually would. We were not offered dessert, really wanted some coconut ice cream. Overall we were disappointed. The staff were nice and prompt, the food came out quickly, the decor was really nothing special, not really anything that would indicate this was a Thai restaurant. There were Arizona and Utah photographs decorating the walls, they were for sale.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No MSG or Gluten”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ate at Thai Spices twice on a recent visit to Sedona. We were quite pleased to find out that all the food there accept the egg rolls were GF,my wife is very allergic wheat. I had the spring rolls and wonton soup both delicious and huge servings. I also had garlic stir fry that also was unbelieveablie tasty . The atmosphere was pleasant and service was very helpful . We met the owner and were very impressed with her and her cooking abilities. I would love it here many times.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Not up to Thai standards”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Was looking forward to great Thai food but it really didn't hit the mark. Coconut soup(which I love) was only average. My friend order a dish with peanut sauce and it was a bunch of raw vegetables with peanut sauce on the side. Not good. We thought maybe because it was a "natural" restaurant that meant no so good food!

Visited September 2013