“Good Food Nice Price!”

Olde Sedona Family Restaurant and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Sedona Family Restaurant and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Good Food Nice Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Was in Sedona in June of 2013 and asked my phone for a close restaurant and it came up with this one. It has an upstairs outdoor seating area that has a nice view and of course nights in Sedona are not so hot you cannot sit outside and enjoy yourself. The whole family was here and we were traveling with friends and they were here also. The chips and salsa were very good. The salsa was not super hot but was the right amount of heat in my opinion. Of course I like hot foods so take that for it is worth. I also had the Buffalo Burger it was just OK - seems like th ecook was a little off when it comes to cooking with a lean meat. The other dishes were well cooked and none of our party had any real grips about the food. Those of us eating the Buffalo all said it was a little dry. Not so bad that we did not eat it though. My family had three entrees my Wife had the Chicken Caesar Sandwich and my Son had the Olde Sedona Burger. My wife had two glasses of wine and I had two local beers and the bill was $72. I tip well 18% - 20% if you keep my drinks filled and don't hover over me. I am there for a good time with my family and friends not you the server. So the bill was a good price.

• Visited June 2013

The Colony, Texas
“surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We looked for a "Mom and Pop" place...at first I thought they were closed. The place has seen better days. We gave it a try. The crabcake..........don't. The combo platter was tasty, and I was really surprised with the paella!! Just goes to show you, don't judge a book by its cover. The place could seriously use some updating though.

Visited August 2013
Oneonta, New York
“Lack of ambience inside and poor food for price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were excited to eat at this restaurant because it had a wonderful view. Unfortunately, the three of us could not complete our meals. Our food was pretty bad. I had eggplant parmesan. I found three pieces of eggplant sliced to 2mm thick. I paid a pretty penny for that meal. My husband loved his ribs, but the potatoes were heavily seasoned with rosemary and the grilled chicken breast was like the soles of his shoes. My daughter was trying not to regurgitate her vegetarian meal. We would not go back. Oh, the inside of the restaurant was pretty plain without any decoration other than tables and chairs.

• Visited July 2013
sedona
“$1 taco night!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We love going to Old Sedona bar & grill for $1 taco nights on Tuesday. It runs until7 pm. For a $1 they do a great job. They offer hard or soft taco shells with either shredded beef or chicken. Both are great. they give you complimentary sour cream and salsa on the side. During this time they also offer happy hour on appetizers. A nice thing about the taco night and happy hour is they allow you to go outside and enjoy the beautiful view of thunder mountain! Give it a try, great beer on tap also.

• Visited August 2013
Bay Area
“Good food, good service, nothing to complain about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place was fairly close to the house we were staying and my husband wanted to go there for dinner. The mixed reviews didn't win me over, but I figured I'd give it a try given that I could get a $25 Restaurant.com voucher ($50 minimum purchase). For what we ended up paying, $50 including tax and dinner for a family of four, this ended up being a good experience. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid much more, however.

Probably what I liked the least about the place was the decor, it's pretty run down. I did appreciate the photos on the wall of movie scenes shot around Sedona. No wonder my image of the old west was like that of the rock formations around the city!

The food was fine, the sort of food you expect to find at family restaurants throughout the country. None of it was particularly remarkable, but all of it was tasty enough. I'd give it 3 stars.

I had the buffalo brochettes, which were perfectly cooked medium-rare (OK, maybe on the rarer side, but it worked well). The meat wasn't terribly flavorful - but then again, buffalo never is -, but the sauce was pretty yummy and adding some salt helped. I appreciated how tender the pieces were, and the lumpy garlic mashed potatoes tasted like the ones I would make. They really hit the spot.

My husband had a burger which he characterized as a good, standard burger.

My oldest daughter had a child's quesadilla. It was huge! Definitely adult sized, she only finished half or so. She did like it, however.

My youngest, on the other hand, was unhappy with her bean and cheese burrito but she hasn't been fond of any of the ones she's had in the southwest. The beans must be different from the ones used in California. It was a huge burrito as well.

Service by our waitress was excellent. She was solicitous, and when she didn't know how to deal with the restaurant.com smart phone coupon, she promptly asked her manager for help. Note: they did not include the supposedly automatic 18% tip, so make sure you add it (and remember to tip in the original amount).

• Visited August 2013