“Great service, great food.”

Shadowrock Tap + Table
Ranked #121 of 210 Restaurants in Sedona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 179
Description: The new restaurant and bar at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock will offer a comfortable modern environment where guests can kick-start, recharge, or retreat after a fun day exploring the high desert of Northern Arizona. Locally influenced and freshly sourced fare can be shared with fellow adventure seekers gathered around a social communal bar, casual dining, or intimate outdoor gathering spots. Natural woods and metals combined with warm earth tones blend seamlessly from indoors to outdoors celebrating the natural light and landscape. Fun experiences continue while playing games; shuffleboard, ping pong, corn hole, foosball or chess. Or take in your favorite sports team on one of our 15 television screen. And if conversation and sharing adventure stories is on the agenda, head out to our 11,000 square foot porch and sit around one of the fire pits or in front of the fireplace while enjoying a craft beer or specialty cocktail. Come Together in Adventure!
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Melissa for all the great recommendations and friendly service.
ShadowRock has a very nice feel to it. Open, airy with fire pits all around.
We tried the Dealers Choice Deviled Eggs which were great. Main course was the Butcher Block Bacon & Bison Meatloaf. Delicious! We followed this with the Mason Jar Bananas Foster. Yummy!

While all of Sedona is pricey, this was the most expensive place we ate in with our bottle of wine being more than 50% higher than other places we dined in Sedona.

Still, we would come back.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I dined here with two friends and we all had different items from the menu. One friend has a number of food sensitivities and the kitchen accommodated her very well. We enjoyed flatbreads and fried chicken which were anything but boring. Best of all was our server, Melissa (from Michigan). Not only was she knowledgeable about the menu items, but she also has a keen interest and training in wine pairings. She made it such an enjoyable evening with above and beyond service. Looking forward to returning and asking to be seated at one of Melissa’s tables.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Sarah and Von at Shadowrock go above and beyond service more than any staff I’ve encountered at a restaurant in recent memory. They made an effort to build a relationship with us and ensure or our sometimes wacky and custom orders were correct and more than satisfying. I have to mention the patio with fire pits was our favorite feature of the restaurant, which we enjoyed every night of our stay.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton for a week and came 3 times for dinner. I loved the fish tacos and tots but the best was the cheese board with this jam - it was so good we ordered it with bread the next night as a custom side. In fact we made loads of custom orders which the staff happily accommodated. Also had the Cobb salad split which was good. We had ice cream bowls and when they were out of the topping I wanted, Sarah brought us 3 different mini side samples, she is definitely the best. They gave us blankets by the fire and it was a super chill environment, which is exactly what we wanted.

FYI: In the morning, they convert the bar area into a “pop-up” Starbucks which is amazing. They have ready-made hot breakfast sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, fruits, bottled water, Tazo teas and make most SB espresso drinks (I got a chai tea latte). They set up a display unit with Kind bars, pop tarts, and other various bars.

There was another male server/greeter who was super nice and helpful. He had just moved to the area and gave us loads of suggestions for our stay.

We ventured off property a few times but liked this place so much we cancelled another reservation elsewhere and came back to Shadowrock on our last night. Well done Hilton team!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Upon entering the Shadowrock we were impressed with the newly renovated space [according to a few people this had just been re-vamped]. The restaurant offers a few different spaces: a lounge area, a long gathering table with stools, a two sided bar with televisions [key for watching Villanova win the Championship!], an indoor dining room and outdoor patio dining complete with heaters. The space is lively and inviting.

We were here in April & the weather fluctuated between day and night. The ShadowRock has beautiful large doors throughout that were often left open, even as the evening got a little chilly. We asked for doors to be closed, but wait staff used all doors to enter/exit. When we dined outside in the evening, a heater by our table was a must.

The menu is mostly comfort food, but odd in many ways. I think sometimes restaurants try so hard to be different, that they overdo the combination of ingredients. The menu seemed pretty limited and by the second dinner, we were definitely tired of it. I was hoping to enjoy some wonderful Southwest food and I didn't feel like the menu delivered on local flavors. I had the stuffed Pasilla [stuffed pepper] that was good, but not something I was dying to eat again. One night my son ordered the steak and they were out. He ordered again the next night. This time they had it but I have to say, it was one of the worst steaks I have ever tasted, and for the price, it was a terrible value! The rioja sauce was odd and very unnecessary. The steak itself had a crispy, chewy exterior, totally overcooked. [he ordered steak the next night at Cucina Rustica and was absolutely thrilled!] The first night the kids had Prickly Pear Lemonade with a beautiful garnish of prickly pear and lemon wedge. The next time they ordered it, no garnish. Another time they ordered, just a lemon. Not a big deal, but does kind of go to the inconsistencies that others have mentioned in these reviews. Also, at 5.25 a pop, seems like it should be made the same each time!

Be sure to come hungry. All portions are large. We at breakfast and dinner and it is hard to find something small to eat. My daughter and I shared the fish tacos one night, which worked well, but at all meals we had much left over. We ate our meals with 5-7 people.

Finally, I would say that the food is overpriced. The service was good, the wait staff friendly, but I wouldn't say outstanding. Jenny was definitely good! Some things were just missed and one night we asked several times for the host to light the heater outside. This seems like a given considering the breezes. The last night we were told the wait would be 40 minutes and that they were so busy. We decided to stay, but we were seated about 15 minutes later and several tables around us were empty. Somewhat confusing.

It is a good place to eat if you are staying at the hotel. The convenience can't be beat. You will find some good things on the menu, but be prepared for a large bill.