“Grey Meat Tacos, Good Chips”

Los Betos Mexican Food
Ranked #133 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The carne asada taco meat had a consistency that was not consistent with what I know carne asada taco meat to look, smell, or taste like. The green chile burrito had another mystery meat in it. Maybe pork? The bean and cheese burrito tasted like pure lard and like it had been sitting out for way too long. Three burritos and an horchata came to $26. Not worth it.

The chips were good.

1  Thank SeaJenniTravel

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had just come back from a 4 mile hike in Village of Oak Creek and were famished. We went to Los Betos because we just wanted to grab some Mexican food and head home. We went to the drive up window. Our first surprise was the cost - $7.95 for a Mexican fast food combo! (I could have gone to Angel's in West Sedona and had a nice sit down meal for that price in a classy place.) I ordered a #4 which I think was a tostada and and enchilada (I can never keep them straight, except for a burrito!). It took so long for us to get our food, my husband turned the Jeep off at the pick up window and we sat there. They finally handed us our food, apologizing for running out of bags so we just got containers and a small bag of napkins. Half way home I was so hungry that I opened my container and to my surprise - it wasn't what I ordered - it looked like 2 burnt fish sticks in some soggy mayo. I don't even know what it was, fish tacos? I don't know but I never would have ordered fish tacos...
I was so hungry I ate them. Now they are sitting in my stomach like a bowling ball. To make matters worse, for two people they gave us one plastic fork, one knife, and one spoon. All that for $16.00 for two combo meals.
Never again. They didn't even deserve the average rating, I was being kind.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

good home mademeixcan food, you order at counter,it'sin a strip mall on highway 179 on way to exit that takes you to the north and south entrance to I-17 which you can go to flagstaff and grand canyon or to phoenix and other points south. the food is good since it is home made food condiment bar for chps. hot salsa, and pickled peppers. TRY IT THE MEXICANS EAT HERE. FOLLOW THEM. LOOK for Giant Gas station/

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wife is pretty picky. She had the chicken burrito with just rice and chicken and she loved it. I had the chicken taco comb. No complaints. It was all delicious.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Beans are flavorless and often undercooked...rice is no better. What good is a Mexican restaurant with lousy beans and rice?

Burritos are regularly soggy and dripping with grease. That stuff never washes out.

Meat is mostly chunks of fat with some meat attached. Ham being the worst offender.

Guacamole is greyish-black. The Owner actually tried to tell me that this was due to "Chilean avocados". I don't appreciate discolored guacamole and I really dislike being lied to.

Potatoes are not prepared and stored properly...leaving hard, dried-out, bits throughout any dish containing them.

I have lived in the Village of Oak Creek for many years and have seen many terrible meals purchased by unsuspecting customers from this awful restaurant. Please do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to eat.

2  Thank Edward C