“Yummy!”

Ranked #61 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate here twice during our short stay in Sedona - after, the hiking all day and sightseeing, we didn't want to venture far from our B&B. This restaurant was literally across the street. Our first night, we ate at the restaurant. Ordered small wonton soup, mongolian beef and the half order of Mandarin crispy duck. All was good. I wish the wonton soup was much bigger - it was served in a bowl smaller than the rice bowl they serve you on individual basis. :( The soup was clear tasty broth and the dumpling delicate, meaty and tasty. The mongolian beef was tender and no over powering smoky flavor. The crispy duck was layered on this black sauce which combined very nicely with the meat. The duck wasn't as tender as I wanted it to be BUT still good. BTW I asked the waiter if the duck was tender and he was honest and said "Not so" - which I really appreciated his honesty. The duck was as tender enough...

The only thing I didn't like was that the table for 2 was very small. We had to move things around on the table to make room for the 2 entrees, my hot tea, water, beer, bowl of rice and our 2 serving plates. Luckily there was a little ledge on the side (we had a window seating) - where I put a few drinking items to make room for everything else. Seems to me, all tables for 2 were the same size. There was a big family that came in - so I don't know how there table was.

We came back the next night for take out (there was a football game that night), and ordered mongolian beef (yeah, it was that good we ordered it again), shrimp fried rice and sesame chicken. The sesame chicken has small red peppers slices so it has a little kick. The menu will tell you if it is spicy. Shrimp fried rice was also very tasty and not too salty - I had to get some before someone devoured it entirely for himself. LOL

This is not a fast food Chinese restaurant - so, it's a little pricier. Staff here was very friendly!! Everyone smiled and asked if everything was okay. When we entered the door, someone who saw you would greet you already. Quiet place to eat. And, Good food... :) I noticed there was constant people picking up food. They also have a small bar on the side with a HD tv - we happily sat there to watch part of the game while waiting for our take out (Bears vs Steelers). :) Otherwise, there are seats at the front while you wait for your pick-up. Try it - food is delicate and tasty.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed nearby at the Red Agave Chalet's and walked past the Red Chopstick a couple of times and decided to grab lunch there before heading back to Phoenix. GLAD WE DID!! Their egg drop soup was very good and their Kung Pao chicken is TO DIE FOR!! Not too spicy but not boring.... sooo good! Everyone had great meals and were very happy all together. Service was great too!! WE WILL GO BACK!!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just minutes walking from Bell Rock is some of the best Chinese I've ever had. Never a crowd and very comfortable dining facilities. Priced reasonable for Sedona, great selection of authentic home cooked Chinese and close to hotells and resorts on foot. You won't be disappointed

Reviewed August 8, 2013

pretty bland, small servings and a $8 carry out vegetable dish was mostly celery stalks their Singapore noodles are OK but make your own dish to put top of them

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Whenever we go to Sedona we always get a take out order which usually lasts 2 days so it's well worth it. This trip we enjoyed hot and sour soup, chicken lo mien, and shrimp with snow peas. The shrimp were large and very tender. Check out the Red Chopstick on your next visit to Sedona!

1  Thank desertpeople