“Stale bread”

Ranked #84 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: The bakers at NY Bagel & Deli are fourth generation bakers and have decades of experience. They are experts at their craft. They know the old Italian ways of doing things and produce the best cheesecake, black and white cookies and cannolis you will find in Sedona. Our bakery cases are filled with delicious creations each and every morning - everything from muffins, bagels, donuts, Danish and more. We also offer lattes and specialty coffee drinks, bagel breakfast sandwiches, NY-style pizza and deli sandwiches. Whether it's a quick lunch on the go, a foot long sub for a family gathering or a wedding cake, we can fulfill your needs and delight your taste buds.
atlanta
“Stale bread”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I chose this place b/c it is listed as a top 10 restaurant in the area. After eating there, I beg to differ. I ordered a simple turkey sandwich. What I got was a few slices of turkey on stale, crumbling bread. They burned my wife's sandwich bread to the point you couldn't comfortably take a bite.
Maybe we just got the B team on the day we went, but this place would not be on my list of top 10 or top 50 places to eat in the area.

Visited September 2013

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Absolutely Fabulous Wedding Cake!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Who would think of asking a bagel place to bake the wedding cake? On the recommendation of our event coordinator, my daughter went to NY Bagels for a tasting and fell in love with a fabulous white layer cake with strawberry preserves (the real deal). The cake was delicious and very pretty, as they coordinated with our florist to have flowers on top. And they delivered the cake to the venue. We recommend them wholeheartedly!

• Visited August 2013
massachusetts
“Great bagels, great service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has so much of a variety. From bagels, to Italian pastries, to sandwiches like corn beef … It is a very solid good restaurant. The person that waited on us was extraordinarily enthusiastic, helpful and friendly. The owner was also extremely friendly

Brick
“The best pizza and cheesecake”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visiting from jersey. Stopped in for pizza. Staff was so nice. The pizza was great. I got a piece of cheesecake. It was awesome

Phoenix, AZ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bakery Find Since I Lived in NE NJ!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I haven't seen a bakery like this since I lived about 10 miles from NYC in NJ! The napolean was the best I've ever eaten--not soggy! They even had a "meltaway" pastry--something I haven't seen since the '70s in NJ! Pizza was good (would have been better if we had ordered a whole pie [just got a slice for lunch], but it was still very good. Took a couple of bagels home to try--yum! If you're from the NE you will especially be happy, but all will enjoy this casual restaurant with good food.

• Visited September 2013

Been to New York Bakery & Deli? Share your experiences!