“Worth the $9 for parking!”

West Fork Oak Creek Trail
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.98*
and up
Scenic Sedona Tour
Ranked #13 of 156 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Trail that follows a creek at the bottom of a 1,000-foot canyon.
Houlton, Maine
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Worth the $9 for parking!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a great hike to do in October. We arrived at 8:30 and there was lots of parking at that time. When we arrived it was 41 degrees and even though we wore light jackets, it wasn't enough. I would really suggest that if you go around this time in the morning, that you wear several layers as well as a hat and gloves. There were several walking sticks at the trail entrance for others to borrow and so I did and was very grateful to have the walking stick especially when crossing the creek. We stopped along the way for pictures and to snack; the foliage and the scenery was magnificant. We completed the trail at 1:00. I would highly recommend this trail as one to do while in the Sedona area.

2 Thank walkonthebeach5

Gilbert, Arizona, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Magnificent fall colors, get here early”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Being a transplant from New York, I miss Autumn in NY more than anything (even pizza). My husband planned a trip for us and our two kids for my birthday and I was amazed. I thought it would be a lot of yellow aspen trees like up in Flagstaff but that's about it. The colors of fall I really are the reds and oranges of the trees more indigenous to the eastern seaboard and those are the colors you will find here! I could not tell you how long the hike should take since I took 300 photos while walking the trail so it will take you far less than the 5 hours in and back it took us, This is a fun hike, not strenuous but I would recommend boots or shoes you don't mind getting wet, there is a creek that runs through the trail that you have to cross over about 10 times each way...there are stepping stones and my shoes stayed dry but my 7 year old did all he could to avoid the rocks and we were glad we brought him several changes of socks :).

Scottsdale
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Foliage, Fun in The Creek, Flat Walk”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

West Fork has beautiful trees with changing leaves. The kids had fun crossing the creek 13 times, but overall, this is a walk, not a hike. The path is large and flat. There are lots of people which derails from the experience.

Overall, this was not our favorite.

Milan, Italy
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great trail”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A great trail which wander from a side to the other of the creek: during the trail you will cross the creek several time (no need to put your feet in the water, since you can cross through stones emerging from the water).
The trail is quite long (3,5 miles one way, then you have to go back along the same way), so bring water with you and eventually something to eat.
When you arrive to the end of the trail, you can leave your shoes and continue for half a mile or less in the water: the creek passes among the rocks and it is spectacular (the water is quite cold and pay attention becayse the stones can be slippery).

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alessandra_G73
Tucson AZ
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great hike across Oak Creek”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We crossed the creek 13 times! This is a great hike, lots of shade, with little elevation. Did this hike with 8 women, and we gabbed and ate along the way. Great way to while away the morning.

Visited April 2013