“lovely box/slot canyon”

$171.29*
Sedona Helicopter Tour: Mountains and Ancient Sights
Ranked #16 of 158 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular hiking trail heads about three miles into a deep box canyon and includes ancient Sinaguan Indian ruins along the way.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great hike! we had small kids so we only hiked about a quarter of the whole trail. Right near the trailhead you can climb to a vista at the top of a tall rock. Great view even if you don't climb right to the top of the vista

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would recommend walking to the Vista view. The Boynton CanyonTrail though classed as a "wilderness walk" has a noisy resort occupying the view for the first half hour of the walk. We turned back and walked to the vista because the walk was disappointing.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Definitely take this hike if you are in Sedona. This trip offers a short, steep uphill trek to the Vortex with panoramic views of the valley. You can choose the longer 2 mile long (4 mile round trip) hike along the canyon floor and experience a full variety of scenic wonder. GO!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent more than two hours hiking this trail. When we went to the end of trail, we were disappointed that the view wasn't as spectacular as we expected. I think Devil's Bridge was much better than this one. This trail is not worth to waste your time, unless you want to train your endurance. We couldn't find any vortex in this trail either. On the other hand, the Boynton Vista trail was totally worth it. It was short and we felt the vortex. I felt the energy flowing through my feet when i was on the top of vista point. We found the vista point and took a picture which has a white circle.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Most of this trail is fairly easy and it is all well maintained. The last stretch is steep but worth the climb to see the view from the end vista where you are surrounded by red cliffs within the canyon - sort of a fishbowl feel :D The last bit can be icy in the winter so wear sturdy hikers and walking poles may be helpful although I did the hike without poles. Also, learned that I thought I went to the vortex, but actually did not - it is near the parking lot haha. Oh well, Boynton Canyon trail was amazing and I highly recommend.