“Get your picture of Cathedral Rock” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Spiritual Tours Vortex Tours
Ranked #12 of 149 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Sedona's newest park offers an environmental information center as well as wonderful locations for hiking, biking, birding and fishing.
Vienna
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Get your picture of Cathedral Rock”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Finally I got my picture of Cathedral Rock. We drove the Red Rock Loop. I deduct one point, because it was impossible for me to get profound and detailed directions and information on things to do and to see before heading to the State Park.

Visited September 2012

Newmarket, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great moonlight hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Took the guided hike on the night of the full moon. Great guide and great look at the moon and sunset from Eagles' Nest.

Arlington, Virginia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice trails, Good Views of Red Rocks But Not Stunning Like Some Others”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Cost $10 for our car to enter the park, which is fine since I like supporting the park system. Having been on a few other hikes in Sedona, I asked the park ranger for "an easy trail not on the side of a cliff", so she mapped out a few of the trails. It was a bit too flat and tame, so we ended up veering off to take the Coyote Trail instead and loved winding up and down. These are not the long hikes you'll find elswhere in Sedona, so I found it pretty easy and not scary like a different one we tried a few days prior (somewhere else) that scared the bejeezus out of me. This is a hike almost anyone can do and the only part that you have to be even slightly brave is to do the wooden plank bridge that crosses the creek which doesn't have handrails, but seriously I'm a chicken and did it, so trust me you can. Driving on the loop back to 89, we actually saw a coyote which was super-cool.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jco71
Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great walks with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good selection of trails which you can mix and match to make as long or as short as you want. Great views from the top.

Kingston, New York
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Hiking in Sedona is bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

You can't go wrong with any hike you choose to do in Sedona. This is perhaps one of the most beautiful hiking destinations in the country! We've come back and back for many years and perhaps done a total of 20 hikes here - never duplicating ourselves unless we loved the view so much we HAD to do the same hike again. Just fabulous!