“Get a picture on the bridge!”

Devil's Bridge Trail
Ranked #5 of 159 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: An easy hiking trail that leads hikers into Sedona's famed Red Rock country.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a great trail, it can be a little touch scaling the rocks to get to the bridge. But once you're there, it's worth it. Get someone to go to the other side and take a picture of you on the bridge, it's a great shot! I wouldn't hang around if you see rain coming because it can get slick.

2  Thank TrvlngMexscotalian
Write a ReviewReviews (2,566)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"worth the effort"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Great RUN if you take the trail and not the jeep road. It's downhill going in which is always fun and not to shabby coming out. There were several people that couldn't figure out how to get to the top of the bridge but look for the caged rock formations. There's a little bit of some rock scrambling but nothing bad. Go to the top! Amazing views. It was raining and hailing while we were there which made it even more exciting. Best part everyone asking where the hell your supposed to go. It was part of the adventure trying to figure it out. Btw directions on here don't take u to it. Stop somewhere local and just ask.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was one of the sights we were most looking forward to, and it didn't disappoint. The hike from the trailhead to Devil's Bridge is a strenuous one, and if you have to start from the end of the paved road, it can be even more tiring. It wasn't a problem, but my husband was really wiped out afterwards. All that being said -this hike was totally worth it. A must do!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I will admit, I'm not the 'fittest' person. However, with some determination, I was able to get to the 'bridge.' I believe we estimated our excursion took us approximately five miles round-trip. The parking lot was filled to capacity so we had to park on the side of the road. Unless you have an off-road vehicle, you will have to hike a mile or so to arrive at the trailhead. Once you arrive at the trailhead, you will gradually begin your trek to the top. After a couple of minutes, you will find yourself steadily climbing up the rock steps which very in size and height. This is definitely not a hike for young children since there are no railings, etc. Be prepared for a noticeable change in temperature will be experienced once you reach the bridge. This is definitely a memorable hike.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I first discovered and fell in love with Sedona in 1999, and this past trip was my third time to that beautiful town. Each trip there, I've spent a great amount of time hiking, but I actually hadn't heard of Devil's Bridge until this past one. I'm so glad I did! It's a nice and easy hike, getting more difficult (but totally manageable for all ages) once you begin the ascent up to the bridge. There were about two dozen hikers at the top waiting for their turn on the bridge and snapping pictures of their friends who were on it. It's a narrow ledge, but not enough to feel like you'll fall if the wind picks up. I walked right out, but my acrophobic partner did need to crawl out to the center. Once there, he did stand up to pose for pictures, and he walked off it. We both consider it a highlight of the trip!