“Lunch at Maria's”

Maria's Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Lunch at Maria's”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lunch at Maria's was most enjoyable. Craig was our greeter/server and provided us with a fresh and well prepared meal. If we are ever in Sedona again we will return to Maria's. Excellent food!

• Visited March 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We dropped in on this little resturant about an hour before closing and it wasn't very busy. We got excellent service. It wasn't the spiciest food but it was good.

Visited April 2013
“Excellent food and prices!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were in town for the night from New York and Maria's came highly recommended by our hotel. The food and service were excellent. I grew up in Phoenix and miss authentic Mexican food the most and this hit the spot. Our waitress Johanna was great as well, gave us some great ideas for things to do while in town. Will visit again!

Sedona, Arizona
“Delicious food, superb service, reasonable prices, and a wonderful atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

To think I just stopped in for a margarita and some chips! The decor was so welcoming, and the server, Martin, so friendly, that I decided to have lunch after all. I'm so glad that I did!

I ordered the chicken fajitas, and was treated to an enormous portion (and this was lunch!) of perfectly cooked and seasoned chicken embedded in a colorful, sizzling sea of peppers and onions. I'm picky about chicken, so I was delighted to find each piece perfectly tender without any bit of stringiness or fat. This was like the filet mignon of chicken.

The fajitas came with a side of Spanish rice (delish, with just the right amount of spice) as well as a huge serving of refried beans (I don't eat beans, but they looked wonderful -- and I love the way they were presented with a sail of tri-colored chips as a garnish). The food arrived quickly, but not hurriedly. I had the perfect amount of time to nosh on tortilla chips and homemade salsa before my meal came without spoiling my appetite.

As good as the food was, the service was truly exceptional. The server was the epitome of friendliness, courtesy and attentiveness.

The entire meal, including drinks (the margarita I originally stopped in for was delightful) came to under $20, plus the tip my server definitely deserved.

All in all, I'm very glad I found this local gem, and I will definitely be back!

Maine
“Good Mexican food, attentive service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had dinner here on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was quiet but not empty and the service was attentive. The food was good--nothing out of the ordinary but tasty Mexican fare (or at least was Americans think is Mexican). Chips and salsa are served immediately, along with 3 extra little dishes of a hotter salsa, a green salsa, and pico de gallo. We ordered a side of guacamole to go with the chips. Everything was tasty but nothing was particularly spicy or hot. My husband had the Mexican sampler platter for his main course and managed to eat about half before he was stuffed (it is definitely made for sharing). I had cheese enchiladas with green sauce. With a couple of glasses of wine, the total bill was ~$40. Reading reviews, Sedona seems like a place where you can spend hours waiting for a table and then spend a small fortune on your meal. Maria's was the opposite in both respects and for that, I can recommend it. Note: credit cards are accepted and they do serve alcohol.