“Pretty good food at decent prices. Service lacking.”
Review of Maria's Restaurant

Maria's Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The food was okay but I've had better in Sedona. My BF and I were the only ones in there for most of our dinner and still had trouble getting good service-waiter forgot to bring us chips... never refilled water even after was asked for a refill. The restaurant itself is decorated nicely with Mexican decor. My BF had soup-which was very good but the Taco salad was just okay. I had hard chicken tacos and they lacked in flavor. Chicken had no spices added to it-beans were very plain- all around just OKAY.

1  Thank kimmiecupcakesNY
There are newer reviews for Maria's Restaurant

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stopped for lunch but they were still serving breakfast - glad they were! Omelettes, French toast, pancakes were all excellent. Service was outstanding. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

The worst service I have ever had in my 54 years. I am a pretty paitent person but left after it took us 20 minutes to get our drinks and still did not have our food after being there over an hour, We left (without our meals but leaving money for our drinks) when the poeple that came 1/2 hour after we were seated got their food (different wait staff).

Go if you are not hungry and don't mind being ignored.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Having lived in the Southwest most of my life, I've discovered there's a difference between New Mexico's food, and Arizona's, and Texas' and even the high-tech-Mex of California.
Maria's sets a benchmark for Airzona-style Mexican food.
I had the pork tamale's and I've never seen such a great presentation. AND, they were not smothered in some sauce so you could not taste the tamales! You could have taken a photo of the plate!
My wife, ever conscious of cholesterol, ordered the the veggie burger and claimed it was the best she'd ever eaten - in a Mexican restaurant, no less - and she would return for the meal again.
The prices were fair, and made fairer with the coupon from the Superpass available at the Chamber of Commerce Visitors' Center in Sedona.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

Very good food and a nice neighborhood feel. The portions you received were extremely generous. The fried ice cream for dessert was delicious.

Been to Maria's Restaurant? Share your experiences!