“Terrible Service and Conditioning”

TPC Scottsdale - Champions Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Woven into the Sonoran Desert with stunning panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains, TPC Scottsdale boasts 36 holes of inspiring golf and upscale amenities that let everyday golfers experience "a day in the life" of a PGA Tour player. The Champions Course rivals its famous sister course (Stadium - home of the Waste Management Phoenix Open) in beauty and playability, and offers the consummate desert golf experience. With a par 71 and renovated in 2007 by Randy Heckenkemper,the Champions Course features 7,115 yards of undulating Bermuda fairways, pristine greens and challenging bunkers.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This course may carry the TPC name but is anything other than what you would expect of such a course. The course was barren and the greens didn't have grass in many spots. The fit and finish were poor and the layout was uninteresting. The staff were quite poor. Rude!! I had the first tee time and they had 2 local members go out walking a round before we teed off. I assume first tee time means little here. The worst TPC experience I've has thus far. I would recommend passing this course over.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. Being the off season (110*+)' green fees only $35 on golf now.com. The course had a "nice" layout. Nothing spectacular or memorable. I'm sure it's different on the stadium course (closed at the time). Greens were very good. Fairways great shape for summer. Parts of the rough we're showing stress from heat and brown spots. Good value for the summer. Not sure I'd pay spring/fall rates to play. Other great options (see McDowell Mountain GC).

2  Thank LVworldTraveler
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Played 18 holes with a foursome and had a blast. The course is very challenging and information is readily available for each hole on sprinkler heads. The course was beautiful and the sand traps were very nice from an aesthetic perspective, but getting the ball out was very hard due the steepness of the walls. Very nice course, will play here again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The check-in was efficient. A driving range and putting green are available pre-play, although there is a charge for balls. The practice putting green was excessively worn. The course is in pretty good shape with generous fairways and challenging greens. Plenty of sand traps. Take extra balls so pace is kept. Arrogant service from check-in, starter, ranger and beverage/food staff. Perhaps overpriced for the time of year and provisions.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

What can I say...fantastic..
My wife and I played here on the final day of the masters, being offered a deal after playing the Stadium course which took over 5 hours to complete.
The course was in tip top condition with it holding a major compition the following week. The greens were fast and true and the fairways superb. It's a very much risk and reward course making it as challenging as you want to play it. I'm a single h'capper and my wife is off 20 and the course was perfect for both of us giving both of us enough challenge to make it the best course we played while in Scottsdale and that includes the Stadium course.
Yet again the staff were perfect hosts and we ended up staying on to watch the final round of the masters enjoying the lovely food and ambiance the club had to offer.
This is certainly a course to play and a club to visit and we will definitely be back.
Well done TPC Scottsdale!!!

2  Thank Robert A