“Tough Love”

TPC Scottsdale - Champions Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Woven into the Sonoran Desert with stunning panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains, TPC Scottsdale boasts 36 holes of inspiring golf and upscale amenities that let everyday golfers experience "a day in the life" of a PGA Tour player. The Champions Course rivals its famous sister course (Stadium - home of the Waste Management Phoenix Open) in beauty and playability, and offers the consummate desert golf experience. With a par 71 and renovated in 2007 by Randy Heckenkemper,the Champions Course features 7,115 yards of undulating Bermuda fairways, pristine greens and challenging bunkers.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It better be a day when you're going to play every shot you know. It's in excellent shape and well worth the $$

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Trouble everywhere including in front of you, very narrow and unforgiing. Greens were in good shape but a 5 hour round when we were the third group off at 6:40, come on man!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had played the "main" course many times but never tried the "other" course. It is in good shape. I guess I should have guessed this because it is the same staff. If you are in the area it is worth a look.

1  Thank arizonaac
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was the third and fourth times I have played this course and these last two rounds were the first time I've played it since the renovation of it about a year ago. The course is much longer now than when I initially played it about 7 years ago and is still in immaculate shape. It was very green and lush everywhere with numerous trees and plants along with some great bunkering and water hazards. Greens were not overly fast but rolled true. Some great risk reward holes with a few with split fairways which I have always been a big fan of. We played the blue tees which played around 6800 yards which was perfect for our 3 groups of mid handicappers. There were a few very challenging par 3s playing at 185 to 204 yards along with some monster par 5s at just under 600 yards and 2 long par 4s at 436 to 460 yards. Staff and service were fantastic as always and the new clubhouse and pro shop are outstanding and a great improvement over the older much smaller one. Loved the free replay too. Funny thing is we played the Stadium Course a few days prior to this one, And I enjoyed this one more. It is in much better shape with better scenery, plant life and views. Only minor complaint is that the freeways are close and visible on a few holes and it is on the flight path of Scottsdale Airport. I plan on returning many more times! Also of note is that the location is unbeatable in the heart of North Scottsdale and within a block of my condo at the Sheraton Oasis. We payed $115 for 36 holes here with a cart which is a screaming deal. Pace of play was fast too. Wow! Whole lotta awesome with a little mint sauce on top! Can't wait to return!

2  Thank CaseyluvsSophie
Reviewed January 17, 2012

They make this so easy, then we played here. Good lord they need golf ball on the refreshment carts. Anyway great place lots of fun, enjoy hole 15 & 16 just not the same without people yelling thought.