“Fantastic Track in immaculate condition, great location and very Challenging”

TPC Scottsdale - Champions Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Woven into the Sonoran Desert with stunning panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains, TPC Scottsdale boasts 36 holes of inspiring golf and upscale amenities that let everyday golfers experience "a day in the life" of a PGA Tour player. The Champions Course rivals its famous sister course (Stadium - home of the Waste Management Phoenix Open) in beauty and playability, and offers the consummate desert golf experience. With a par 71 and renovated in 2007 by Randy Heckenkemper,the Champions Course features 7,115 yards of undulating Bermuda fairways, pristine greens and challenging bunkers.
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was the third and fourth times I have played this course and these last two rounds were the first time I've played it since the renovation of it about a year ago. The course is much longer now than when I initially played it about 7 years ago and is still in immaculate shape. It was very green and lush everywhere with numerous trees and plants along with some great bunkering and water hazards. Greens were not overly fast but rolled true. Some great risk reward holes with a few with split fairways which I have always been a big fan of. We played the blue tees which played around 6800 yards which was perfect for our 3 groups of mid handicappers. There were a few very challenging par 3s playing at 185 to 204 yards along with some monster par 5s at just under 600 yards and 2 long par 4s at 436 to 460 yards. Staff and service were fantastic as always and the new clubhouse and pro shop are outstanding and a great improvement over the older much smaller one. Loved the free replay too. Funny thing is we played the Stadium Course a few days prior to this one, And I enjoyed this one more. It is in much better shape with better scenery, plant life and views. Only minor complaint is that the freeways are close and visible on a few holes and it is on the flight path of Scottsdale Airport. I plan on returning many more times! Also of note is that the location is unbeatable in the heart of North Scottsdale and within a block of my condo at the Sheraton Oasis. We payed $115 for 36 holes here with a cart which is a screaming deal. Pace of play was fast too. Wow! Whole lotta awesome with a little mint sauce on top! Can't wait to return!

2  Thank CaseyluvsSophie

Reviewed January 17, 2012

They make this so easy, then we played here. Good lord they need golf ball on the refreshment carts. Anyway great place lots of fun, enjoy hole 15 & 16 just not the same without people yelling thought.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The service was excellent and the course was in great shape, although cart path only slowed play badly. Price was worth it and military get discount.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Sorry folks but I have to say that I was disappointed by the condition of this course for all of its hype. I played Keirland the day before and it was an order of magnitude in better shape. The greens were rough, but true. It was noisy because of the planes flying in every 30 seconds(no lie). No practice balls included with your fee and the only course we played in 4 days that required us to STAY on the cart path for the entire round! This sucked big time, guys...please take note. No other course required this. I would have been really choked if I had payed the full rack rate. There are much better courses in this area than this one. I did chip in twice though....thanks for that.

1  Thank Olliedad
Reviewed December 22, 2011

They have no problem asking lots of money to play a relatively easy course. No wonder the pros shoot so low here.

1  Thank WeOwnAFatCat