“High end hamburgers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Cotopaxi, Colorado
“High end hamburgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is for the Scottsdale location. The Capital Grille aims to be a high end steakhouse and usually succeeds. My wife and I came here for burgers and truffle fries. These are the best burgers in town so five dots. Love the fries too plus my wife had the salad. Service was excellent. Arizona is casual so I got a white napkin for my khaki shorts, as it should be. We keep coming back for all the reasons above. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

If your looking for a dining experience that is consistently wonderful, then visit this restaurant. My wife and I are there, at least, once a week and have never been disappointed. Chef Travis assures that you receive the best food. The mixologists will assure the best drinks. The management is very attentive to all of the details and the customers. From the moment that you approach the door and it is opened for you, you will feel valued whether it is your first visit or your 50th!

• Visited April 2014
Sun City West, Arizona
“Broke the bank”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Yes, the steaks and service were outstanding. The ambience was extremely dark with paneling and life-size portraits of leaders. If there was a 5 or 6 dollar sign rating, I would check it. We had 1 glass of wine, 1 Shirley temple, 2 steaks, and split an order of mushrooms. With tax and tip, the bill was $150.00. That's right: no appetizers, soup. salads, potatoes, or dessert. I think we can do better for less.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Subpar service average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Perhaps I dined here on the wrong night. Other people in our party have dined here before and have highly recommended the Scottsdale's Capital Grille. Eight people in the group and two never received our appetizers. A simply sorry and we will take that off the bill from our server was what we received instead. The server was almost nowhere to be found during our meal. One of the entrée arrived nearly five minutes after the other seven. The Lobster Mac appetizer was a highlight and a must have for anyone looking for a delicious pasta dish. What should have been the star of the meal, the Delmonico Steak, was only average at a premium price. With so many excellent choices for fine dinning in the Scottsdale area, I am afraid I will have to opt for another premier steak house next time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Flagstaff
“Enjoy the food, sevice and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our favorite restaurant choice for dining when we have a special occasion. The service is outstanding which really accounts for the majority of the atmosphere. My husband and I like to take our time during dinner and find in many restaurants we're often rushed through the courses. This is certainly not the case here, we always leave feeling very relaxed, well fed and looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited January 2014