“A solid choice for Chicago subs”

Guido's Chicago Meat & Deli
Ranked #250 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Cave Creek, Arizona
“A solid choice for Chicago subs”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

As a lifelong Chicago area resident, I know a lot about what a sub should look and taste like. Guido's fits the bill. It starts with a homemade roll, a nice selection of meat choices and a simple oil, vinegar and herb dressing. A good helping of chopped lettuce and a couple tomatoes and you're good to go. I miss having some giardinera.

My spouse had an antipasto salad and that was good as well. Same dressing on that. There were also full dinner choices on the menu which was somewhat of a surprise.

A small bodega style canned goods area and nice meat market rounded out the store. They carried one of my favorites: Flott canned tuna. It's the filet of canned tuna.

• Visited February 2012

“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

So this gem is tucked into a small storefront, back in the corner of a strip shopping mall. Pull up to it but don't hesitate to go in. A mini-Italian mart, quaint eat-in diner, and deli. Try a made-to-order calzone with a side of sauce...outstanding!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“True, True Italian”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

It's not where Google shows it.. It is about 1 mile west of where Google shows, but just go to the northeast corner of Shea Blvd. and Scottsdale Road, and you'll find Guido's Deli and Restaurant. True Italian food!!!. I could gain 30 lbs. eating there every day. We recently stayed in Scottsdale, and decided to have dinner there. We had been there last spring, and I was impressed with the great sauce on the spaghetti. Please, if you are looking for fancy Italian, or a ritzyt place, this won't make you happy. But if you are looking for the kind of Italian food I remember from when I was a kid, and had friends in Little Italy in Denver. Anyway, Guido's brought back those memories. Spaghetti cooked to perfection, great sauce with just a touch of spiciness, and wonderful Italian sausage. My partner had the same meal except with meatballs, which she said could have used a little more spice. All in all, this is the best true Italian I have had in years. Next time we are in Scottsdale, guess where we are going?

1 Thank Sandiaman