“Drinks at lunchtime were POTENT (definition: Great)!”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,241 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kierland Commons
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd. and Greenway-Hayden Rd.
Description: Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.
“Drinks at lunchtime were POTENT (definition: Great)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to this location straight from the airport to kick off the first day of vacation. Plenty of sunshine and ambience in patio seating. My husband ordered a Spiced Hurricane and I got a Coconut Cloud. Both were delicious AND pretty strong, but mostly delicious. A terrific way to relax immediately and get into vacation mode! If you drink, walk around the Commons a little before you get into the car. Good area to kill time.

1 Thank MinSch05

Seattle, WA
“Always good, and even better this time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Over the years I've eaten at this restaurant in 3 other cities and was happy to take my family, with two picky teens, to the one in Scottsdale while on vacation. Neither of the kids were excited by the menu and had to be coaxed into ordering a dish or two. The plantain appetizers and lobster bisque (neither they would normally think of eating) won them over and from there it was smooth sailing. Lovely ambiance, great food, really good waiter.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ricksriot
Calgary, Canada
“...we came here for my birthday and were not disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Being a long time fan of the lifestyle that Tommy Bahama portrays, I really wanted to try this restaurant so we stopped for a lunch. We were sat right away on the outside patio. We were under some very hot heat lamps so the staff moved us to a more comfortable table. The outside patio was pretty full. Our drinks and food all arrived within about 10 minutes, very quick.

Ambience - Everything I was hoping for...I felt like I was in a tropical place and the Tommy Bahama theme of 'relax' truly applied.
Food - Portion size was good but I have to give the food only an average rating, nothing spectacular.
Price - Our lunch, without drinks or tip, came to about $30. A bit pricey for lunch but worth it for the atmosphere.
Service - 5-star here, server was great, moving us as needed and offering tons of tips about the area.

Overall - I had a fun lunch here. I wouldn't eat here on a regular basis but for an occasion, for sure. In fact...we came here for my birthday and were not disappointed. I would come back again.

Thank you for reading...hope it helped.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CanadaTravelGuy_9
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fabulous food, fabulous service, worth the $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm not someone who likes to spend >$30 on my entrees (unless steak) so when my friend suggested this place I wasn't thrilled. I ordered the chicken (I think it was $35??) and it was FABULOUS. I don't even like chicken all that much! Sooooo good. I drank a fun drink called a Crazy Cuban with my meal. We all shared the chocolate cake for dessert and O...M...G...you will think you had just gone to Heaven, it was that delicious. Server was accommodating, had a personality, gave good suggestions and answered all of our questions. I can't wait to go back! Tip: piece of cake was HUGE, so share with your loved ones or take the rest home for yourself!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank skigirltiff
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The ambience was good! We got greeted and seated immediately. The food we ordered was very good but the waiter we got needed some help. Service was spotty, order was wrong and the waiter was pretty much absent. By the time we got our check, it had been so long ,we skipped dessert. Again, the food server which was not our waiter did the best job. That's two places in a row that we got treated like that. Waitstaff needs training.......