“Good lunch spot but not above average for burrito/Mexican fast-casual”
Review of Blue Burrito Grille - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stopped here for lunch today and got the Diablo Chicken Burrito. It was good - a large portion and the ingredients were good. Yet it was not the most flavorful for having so many onions and peppers. Food came fairly quickly - cook-to-order so the slight delay was good. I enjoyed my meal and the decor is nice. I'd rate the atmosphere above average for these type of restaurants. Food was average; good but not great. Chicken seemed to promise way more flavor than it delivered.

Salsa bar was good, but fairly typical chips and salsas, nothing to stand out from the crowd. It reminded me a lot of the Baja Fresh, Chipotle, or Qdoba style restaurant.

Want a good lunch, go here. But somehow, I just didn't feel it satisfied.

1  Thank Rob M

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Blue Burrito Griklle is not only one of our favorite local establishments, but it is always a must to bring guest. The food is excellant and a trip to the salsa bar just adds more fun to your visit. I love the fish tacos, and my husband gets the grilled shrimp burrito. With a freshly made drink by your side, sit on the patio and enjoy!

2  Thank Jan C
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 13, 2008

love the salsa bar, lots of yummy food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I used to think it was good. But, now I find it a bit boring and uninspired. At least it's quick.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook