“The place to be!”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cross street: Pima Road
Phoenix, Arizona
“The place to be!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great steaks and sea food,outstanding service,largest Martini in town,,,but it will cost you,dearly!
The Ocean Club nearby is also outstanding,ask for the Japanese Oysters on the half shell,never had better anywhere.Will go again on my next SS check.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ron G

San Francisco, California
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Every restaurant has an off night with food or service. I guess it was my night to get the short end of both. I have eaten at Mastro's in Orange County, California and Chicago many times and have always walked away happy. I was in Scottsdale on business on March 13th and thought the local Masrto's was going to make for an enjoyable evening. There were four people in my party. Every one of us eat out several times per week, mainly on business.

The service at Mastro's started out pleasant enough, although it seemed like they were short staffed. Over the course of 15 minutes I had to ask three times before my iced tea finally arrived. STRIKE ONE.

Appetizers came without a hitch. Unfortunately, my chilled lobster tasted like it had been cooked several hours prior to my arrival. It was tough and a bit chewy. Not up to the $30+ price tag for this appetizer, but we will let it slide. Then came the main show: steak. I ordered the bone-in Rib Eye as did two others in our party. For a steakhouse known for great steaks, someone was asleep at the switch when they selected this batch. The rib eye seemed to have substantially more chunks of inedible fat than meat. Because I was with clients, I kept my comments to myself. However, when our server finally asked how things were going, well into the meal service, the one lady amongst our group relayed the meat was not up to Mastro's normal quality, that it was in fact really bad. He acted a bit put-out, but in his defense he offered to prepare her a new steak, albeit in a noted dismissive tone. My guest, clearly stunned at his demeanor, told him not to worry about it, she would just sit and enjoy the conversation. Did he offer to take her plate? No, he just turned and walked away, never to return until we were clearly finished with dinner. BIG STRIKE TWO.

I did my best to quickly shift the conversation to other things. Once the server ultimately came to ask if the table was to be cleared, with three steaks barely touched, there was not even a question if there was anything wrong with the food. Are you kidding, $50+ steaks that are barely touched? STRIKE THREE.

We had dessert and coffee. The raspberry sorbet was very good quality. Kudos to the dessert chef. Kind of sad the best thing I can say about a $600 dinner tab was the $11 sorbet was good. The server did get happy and smily when it came time to give us the bill. Sorry sport, too little too late. I normally tip in the range of 30%; not tonight.

Scottsdale is a new spot on my business travel schedule. I will be there at least once per month going forward. While I have spent several thousand dollars at other Mastro's locations, the only way I expect I will visit this location again is if a Scottsdale locale specifically asks to go there. I don't feel l need to put myself in a position that I should pay a solid amount of money for food and wine and have to spend even a minute of a client dinner defending a high end restaurant when both the food AND service were woefully below the mark. Mastro's Scottsdale, you can do better than this. Pick it up a notch. Hopefully, this was a one-off bad food / bad service double whammy.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank BiciFan
Chicago, Illinois
“A great steak with outstanding service in an inviting atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I am always a little suspicious of chain restaurants but Mastro's has got the right formula.
We visited on a Monday night and the restaurant was packed. Despite the crowd we received excellent service and the steak was one of the best I have ever had. As I live in Chicago that is a very high compliment.
Both of us ordered sea food first courses which were excellent.
My only criticism was the noise factor which was present throughout the restaurant.
Bottom line- if you are looking for a great steak this is the place.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Customer service is the best! Everything is reasonably price for the steakhouse. Only thing, my fiancé got one of the specials and the server said it was a tad more than the average steak on the menu. We were shocked when our bill came and that steak, which we thought was $80 being about $20-30 more than the average steak was actually $130 for the steak! I guess it was our mistake for not asking for the exact price. I guess "a tad" to the server was more like double the price. Amazing buttercake as well. Overall, expensive dinner but a wonderful time.

Redding, Connecticut
“Steak”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have dined at this restaurant a number of times. The service is impeccable. The steaks are comparable to other high end steak houses. It has been purchased by the Landry group which also owns Mortons. They have removed this steak house from the bonus point incentives. That was a disappointment. More disappointing is the high price of the steaks and the wines. The food is very good however by no means memorable.

Visited February 2014