“Still fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mastro's Steakhouse

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,237 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
Cross street: Pima Road
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Still fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visit this Mastro's Steakhouse everytime we are in Scottsdale. We try not to eat beef too often, but we make an exception for the steaks at Mastro's. This time, we ate there twice during a one week stay. I don't know what they do, or how they do it, but the steaks are seasoned and cooked to perfection. The decor is handsome, the service friendly and efficient and of course the food is wonderful. If you like steaks that melt in your mouth, this is the place.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Absolutely delicious steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just tried Mastro's for the first time this Christmas eve 2013 with the family. We made a reservation and upon our arrival we were seated right away. The four of us, two adults and two kids ages 11 and 6 all ordered filet mignon from the menu. The steaks were all perfectly cooked to order and the flavor and quality of the meat was second to none. The side dishes and appetizers were also quality. Yes, the prices are high, but in this day and age in order to get a top quality steak it seems one needs to pay top prices. I have tried other places such as Capitol Grill and by far Mastro's is better than the rest. I highly recommend this restaurant for top quality meat if you can afford the check. Plan on spending at least $60 per head and that is without drinks. The only negative I found was that the restaurant is quite loud so it was hard to hear my wife and kids as we tried to speak across the table to one another. Enjoy!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, AZ
“Good ambiance and service, but had stomachache after dinner.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I had a night without kids and decided to try Mastro's in Scottsdale, AZ. We liked the environment and the services was great, but after having ahi tuna and two different stakes, we both felt a little sick in the stomach two hours later.

The food itself tested good, but the stake seemed to be loaded with butter. So, it wasn’t clear whether stake taste was due to the meat itself or all that baked on butter. I like a good stake, but I didn’t feel that Mastro's stake was something I’d want to have again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good food but off night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner with a group of friends. The food was good, but it took an inordinately long time to order and then receive the food.

Baltimore
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently visited Mastro's on a Saturday evening & the restaurant was jam-packed. Our party of 6 was seated at a large rectangular table in a crowded, noisey room. I could have easily joi ned the conversation at the next table, except that the noise level was so high. You could bearing hear the person beside you -- group discussions were impossible. Our appetizers consisted of lobster bisque & chopped salad. Both dishes were plentiful, but just average tasting. My entree of dover sole was fine -- nothing excpetional. 2 of our diners ate the bone-in rib-eye. Both steaks were dense with a lot of gristle, but not much marbling. Both diners were unimpressed & disappointed in their entrees. Poor steaks in a self-proclaimed steakhouse? Unacceptable! The side dishes were generous & good. The best part of the meal was the butter cake dessert -- it was melt-in-your mouth delicious! Adding to the experience, our server disappeared for quite a while during the meal. Mastro's can be described in 2 words - poor (atmosphere, service, food) & extremely overpriced. I would never recommend this restaurant - why waste a lot of money on this one!

• Visited November 2013