“Good for Gluten Free choices....”

Maggiano's - Scottsdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,241 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Phoenix, AZ
“Good for Gluten Free choices....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A year ago I would've given five stars but there's been a change in chef and manager and I don't know if it's been good. Mind you we visited the second week of the new manager change so it might get better. Still pretty good but they sent the wrong thing home with us (hubs went to get his lunch pasta out of the fridge in the morning and they'd wrapped up the appetizer we had left and told them we didn't want instead....oops).

I called back to let them know that hubs didn't get his second pasta dish and was told that I could come back and get it. I told them we lived a bit far to do that....and then the manager just said that we could stop in any time and just ask and they'd give us one. Nothing above and beyond.....and considering we'd driven there I didn't think that was cool. When you have to go back to get something THEY forgot I think there should be additional compensation.

So, I went online to their corporate site and let them know what happened. They made it better! They offered another dining experience on them to give them another try. I don't understand why the local team wouldn't offer that given how many choices we have in restaurant options in the Phoenix area! Also I am pretty sure that the OLD staff would have handled it that way.

I go because they are great about making a lot of the menu gluten free if they can. There is a gf pasta option which you can put with most entrees.......except the lasagna's and ravioli's, manacotti's etc. So the filled pastas are not offered in a gf option. (score one for Picazzo's here).

They also USED to offer a gf bread choice as well. You had to pay for it but I don't mind that....now they don't even offer it. Ugh. Okay, again I feel like a second class citizen as the rest of the table sits with the amazing olive oil blend with their bread!

I have had many of the Chicken dishes made gf. I had the Masala this time and the Masala tasted off and was very brothy as opposed to saucy. My garlic mashed potatoes which I subbed for the pasta side were excellent and the creme brulee was superb.

I have had the lobster carbonara which is very good as well and not a bad price for the amount of lobster you get. Overall I am appreciative of their gf offerings and I hope this new team gets better so I can enjoy going there again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank tallredhead3

Phoenix, Arizona
“Always Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We always enjoy our meal and dining experience at Maggianos. We have only been to the one in Scottsdale but assume the quality, etc. would be similar in other locations. The food is very good, the service is attentive, and we like having "happy hour" available in the entire restaurant. This time we had mussels for an appetizer and they were superb! Our salad and entree were great (we split both) and we couldn't believe we ate all of everything - too delicious to leave anything. The only thing I would change is the red plaid tablecloths - I thought last time we were there the tablecloths were white which I like better.

• Visited August 2013
phoenix
“Not what it used to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We used to frequent this restaurant, but hadn't been there in the past couple years. Tried it again this past weekend, and it was not at all what it used to be. First, we were told when we checked in that it would be a 45-50 min wait. After an hour, we asked about our table, and were told it would be just another 10 min. After 15 more minutes, asked again, and was told it would be about another 15-20 min. They apparently don't know that they should under promise and over deliver, rather than the opposite. When bread came to the table, it arrived by itself and it wasn't served with the usual dipping plate of olive oil and balsamic. We had to ask for that. I had remembered them as having a delicious eggplant parmesan. What a disappointment. So much so, that when our server asked how it was, and I gave him an honest answer, we ended up swapping that out for some chicken parmesan. This was better than the eggplant, I have to admit. Their starter Maggiano's salad was delicious, though rather small. Service was good, but we don't think we'd frequent them again. There's much better Italian food in our area.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“GREAT FOR WHAT IT IS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I usually don't like chains, but this place comes very close to an up scale Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is very good, the dinner ware is better quality, the servers are well trained, and you get what you pay for. I'm not saying the food is great but I am saying their overall score gives them an excellent rating.in my book.I like the family meal which charges by the head. You can get as much as you want, you know what you're paying,if you don't like something just replace it with another item, there's no bickering about the check (unless you have an unreasonably big drinker in the party), the selection is huge, and the food is better than average quality. The servers have always been well trained and will usually make some exceptions to the menu if you ask nicely. You need at least 4 people to take advantage of this deal. Fish, meat, and pasta are in your selections. Desert is also included.

Visited July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“For the most part pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went out with friends on June 8. Love the atmosphere and location of this restaurant. This is a place we go often. They make a great Manhattan cocktail. Shaken, not stirred with just the right amount of bitters. I had the Mushroom ravioli with brazed veal. It was absolutely fantastic. Came out hot and the cream sauce was just the right consistency. My wife ordered the Bowtie Aglio. Normally they put a generous amount of veggies in this dish but last night it was not up to par. Of course, with the pasta dishes you get a free order to take home. Great value!!!
The biggest disappointment of the night was their Caesar Salad. The romaine lettuce looked like it had been bleached and the dressing wasn't there!!! No taste and very dry. Service was attentive and pretty good for the most part. All in all, we will come back but please get the salad up to adequate!!!

• Visited June 2013