“Cozy and delicious”

Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy and delicious”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this little restaurant and after the first bite of Caesar salads that things were homemade. The dressing was light and tasty, not heavy. The veal and chicken dishes we had were fabulous. The reason for a four and not a five is the price of the wine. The glass of chianti we had for $12 was enough to buy a bottle of the brand we were served.

Superior, Colorado
“Don't Bypass this Small, Intimate Resyaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We happened upon this "little hole in the wall " Italian restaurant when we were yearning for a good Italian dinner. It didn't disappoint. You probably won't find this Mom and Pop restaurant in tour guides, but this was one of the very best Italian meals I've had. My wife had mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil as an appetizer and angel hair pasta with tomatoe, olive oil, basil, and parmesan. I had tortellini filled with meat in a chicken broth soup and my entree was a seafood dish: pasta with mussels, shrimp, scallops, etc. Both meals were beyond wonderful! The $80 was some of the best money we spent.

• Visited March 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Stay away from that little dive!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We heard so many rave reviews about this "gem" that we made a last minute reservation for two on a Monday night. The call was answered by a lady who rapidly transfer me to the chef. When we arrived at 7:30pm we were the only guests and it stayed so until we left. Now we understood why! My wife ordered a melon with prosciutto. The melon was not ripe enough. Unfortunately, I ordered the calamari. They were chewy and smelly, swimming in a sauce directly from the can! Barely edible! As an entree, my wife selected the pollo marsala. It was made with thin scalopine of frozen chicken without any taste. My vitello al limone (veal with lemon) was not edible at all: hard slices of veal covered with a thick layer of flower and bathing in a gooey tasteless sauce. Awful! I doggy bagged it for our dog. The glass of Pinot Grigio was lukewarm and the bottle has been sitting open for at least a week. At about $80 the bill killed us!
Never again.

• Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“What a real family restaurant should be”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I visited this lovely little restaurant. We enjoyed some classic Italian dishes that were well made and great value. Speed and quality is important when you have children, and this place doesn't disappoint.

Visited May 2013
Shoalhaven, Australia
“Great Food. Great Night out”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a great meal and felt very welcomed here. Very nice ambience and the best meal we had in Scottsdale

Visited February 2013