“Lovely pasta, but prices high enough to make Londoners wince!”

Marcellino Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcellino Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Camelback Road/Scottsdale Road
Transit: Scottsdale Olley the Trolley
Description: Set in an Italian Piazza-like setting in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, Chef Marcellino and Sima Verzino offer suffused amber-lit, upscale yet full of fun ambience. Chef Marcellino's unique, highly personalized and completely hand crafted Italian cuisine has won the hearts of locals and both American and European visitors. Highly professional servers orate a never ending roster of Chef's nightly specials as they tend to guests desires.Live Music every Thurs. and Sat. night, private and semi-private dining available,special events of Chef's Multi-course cuisine w/ wine pairing dinners are an extravaganza not to be missed. Reservations highly recommended on weekends.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely pasta, but prices high enough to make Londoners wince!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We found the restaurant by chance when we were visiting old Scottsdale, and had an outdoor table in the evening sunshine with our two sons. The service was friendly but slow, despite the fact that the restaurant was not full. The waiter came with a tray of dried pasta to talk us through the specials (in some detail). They sounded great, but boy were they expensive - $20+ to $35 for a plate of pasta...and the ice cream was an eye watering $12 (which is the same as in the Savoy hotel in central London). However, I had a really well-made lamb ragu, which I will remember for a long time, and everyone enjoyed their choices. The portions were not huge, and they did offer some dishes as half portions for the children. In short, we had a good meal, in very pleasant surroundings, but felt the prices were too high.

2 Thank EJYork

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Italian I have ever had...”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We received a recommendation from the concierge at the Biltmore as the place to go if we wanted Italian and could not have been happier. Our service was outstanding and the food divine. The hand made pasta was incredible and they have a great wine list to compliment the dishes. We recommended to others at the hotel and will return. Thank you Johnny and Scott for an outstanding evening!

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Lovely dining alone!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

After checking out several Italian restaurants online, I settled on Marcellino. I walked in a bit after 8pm with no reservation. I was seated at a small table with a great view of the restaurant. Super cozy, comfortable and easy for a single diner. Everything I had tonight were specials, so I won't tempt you, but suffice to say it was all delicious and wonderful. Handmade pasta - to die for. I ended my meal with the Chocolate Tartufo that would rival the one at Tre Scalini in Rome. The service was casual, yet skillful. Several people were involved and they all made me feel as if I were the most important person in the restaurant. Next time, I'd like to sit outside on the patio, so nice and completely booked. One of the owners, Marcellino's wife, stopped and spoke to me. She did so, knowing I wasn't a regular. Service wasn't rushed, nor was it slow. It was just right. I'm sad that I have to leave now. I've been writing this from my seat as I prepare to pay my bill. Awesome restaurant, Chef/Owner, staff and cuisine! Salute! Until I return to Scottsdale.....,,

Northern Michigan
“Stop here...”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

and spend some cash on a really nice dinner. They offered entrees out of the ordinary with homemade funky pasta. Try a 1/2 lobster with a zesty tomato sauce and clams, and calamari rings. Nice conversations and great food. Go there, but don't expect an intimate setting. It's geared to handle small crowds and keep them happy with great food. They started small and got larger - a good recipe. Bon appetite!

Thunder Bay, Canada
“True Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Recently dined at Marcellino on the outdoor terrace. A lovely experience and it was a flash back to my time in Florence. The hand made pasta was mouthwatering. Had the evening special of fettuccine and mushrooms which was to die for. Could not have been more pleased! After meeting and chatting with Chef Marcellino I was very impressed at his dedication and passion in making sure everything was to our satisfaction. I recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting an authentic high quality dining experience. Thanks for the Limoncello Chef Marcellino!

1 Thank Flowerpotss