“Worth the visit!”

DeFalco's Italian Deli and Grocery
Ranked #29 of 1,241 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Worth the visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We were in Scottsdale for another happening and wanted to try this place out. I had seen that Guy from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives had been there. My husband had the same homemade sausage with peppers sandwich that Guy had. He added provolone cheese to it. The pricing on that sandwich was very affordable! I ordered the Purista and it was fantastic. We shared an order of red potato salad. I would def go back again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best Italian Deli... Italian Marketplace !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had to try this place because of Food Network Triple D.........wonderful!! All the sandwiches looked great. I had the meatball sub but will be back to have the philly cheesesteak. I also purchased the San Marzano tomatoes and other pasta products. This is a intimate place for a quality Italian food experience along with some groceries that you cannot find in your local store.

• Visited July 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“The Best Italian Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

It has been too long since we ate at DeFalco's and I wish I could get there more often. My family went tonight and I got the "Centurion" Calzone and the Caprese Salad. My wife got the Meat Lasagna,my daughter got the Stuffed Shells and my future son in law got the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and every dish was so delicious. Dessert,which we brought home and just finished eating,was,The Chocolate Mousse Cake. OMG,unreal. Anthony,Robert and the entire staff are amazing. I wished they had a place in South Chandler. I would go every night. :) I am so glad I have some leftovers. Inexpensive,wonderful food and consistent too.. If you want fancy go to a fancy place,but if you want great Italian food,then DeFalco's will impress you as it has impressed us every time we go. You order from the Deli counter and they bring your order to you,as you look at all their deli items and so many wines and Italian food to take home. This is the real deal...

• Visited July 2014
Farmington New Mexico
“Spectacular Cheese Steak Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I decided to go to DeFalco's after watching an episode of Diners, Drive Inns and Dives. We choose the Hot Cheese Steak sandwich on a Baguette which was recommended by the young woman at the counter. Absolutely the best Cheese Steak I have ever had and maybe one of the best sandwiches I've ever had.
The Deli/restaurant is clean and filled with Italian grocery items dispersed around the interior which sets the Italian Grocery theme.
We arrived around 11:20am on a Friday and just barely beat the lunch crowd, the place was packed by noon.
Nice lunch experience and the food is GREAT.

• Visited June 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Best cheese steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I wish this deli was in my neighborhood - it is about 20 miles away. I have had the Philly cheese steak sandwich here 2 times - they are the best! You get choice of roll, super flavorful steak or chicken, the usual sauteed onion, gr pepper and mushrooms, with a wonderful cheese sauce. My husband and I split one full size sandwich and that is more than enough for us - and the price is very reasonable. They have all kinds of Italian groceries in the deli - looks like you could find anything you need for an authentic Italian meal. Love it.

• Visited June 2014