“Great Italian food in deli atmosphere”

DeFalco's Italian Deli and Grocery
Ranked #40 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A DDD recommendation!! Food was amazing. Portions plentiful, and tasting like it arrived right from Italy. Our party of four enjoyed chicken Marsala, chicken parmigiana, four cheese ravioli, and baked meat lasagna. Followed by limoncello marscapone cake and cannoli. The food is definitely worth the visit. Tables available in the deli and outdoor patio. We

Worth the visit!

2  Thank CouleeGirl

Reviewed March 14, 2014

After seeing the show, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, we had to try it. It was excellent. The italian sausage with peppers and onions brought back memories of the Italian that I grew up on. The cheesesteak sandwich was also excellent. We really enjoyed the friendly staff and atmosphere. A must try if you are in Scottsdale, AZ.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is definitely not a romantic, sit down and be served restaurant. That's okay, what it is a is a step into the typical back East (New York, Boston) deli. where the tables are scattered among the shelves of Italian groceries. Some products that you can only get back East, like "Pastene" products. Enough about the setting, Doesn't matter when you can get the tastiest and most properly prepared cheese steak sub in this part of the country. I have been trying for years to find one like they serve back East. This is the closest! I am telling you the truth, sooo good!!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for business. My guy and I found this place. We got the pizza and chicken marsala. Both were great! We both adore Italian food and we werw very impressed. Great cheesecake as well. They have a great wine selection and many great ones for about $20. Everyone was very welcoming amd kind. We will be going back again, even maybe this trip.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I don't even know why this place is showing under "restaurants". It's a Deli with some Italian canned/packaged food (mostly made in Illinois or California), some interesting Italian wines, some Greek food and a couple of tables. Regardless of the imposing facade, it's cramped, crowded, somewhat confused and self service. Service behind the counter where you order or buy to take out could only be categorized as distracted or rude, based on whether you are "the glass is half-full" or "the glass is half-empty" kind of person. The charcuterie (cold cuts, dry salami etc) were past their prime, the cacciatori looked ready for discard. Same could be said for the crostini I purchased: after realizing they tasted rancid, I looked up the date to discover that it's almost two months passed its recommended date (12/18/13 vs date of purchase 7/2/14, see photo). Panetone (an Italian sweet bread made for Christmas, was still being sold, and at double the price you could find it during the season).
The TripAdvisor Certificate on the door made us check it out. But we are not going back there. True, the sign at the door claims "Don't hesitate to let management know if you experience anything less than stellar performance here ". But these are just words. P.R. How do you explain to somebody behind the counter that they are being distracted/rude, if they don't realize it already? Besides, I think in my case, the man was either owner or manager - he was too arrogant and sure of himself to be anything else.
For my money, I would buy almost anything available at Defalco's from www.savorypantry.com. At least I'll be assured of freshness.

1  Thank Oliver S