“Best Italian cuisine I've had in a long time.”

Alto ristorante e bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Alto ristorante e bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Italian cuisine I've had in a long time.”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I love this place, just make sure to check the website for when they're open because I think they re-open in August.

Now for why I love this place. I was here in April during a conference and some good friends booked this place for dinner. In Scottsdale, at a beautiful resort, so far so good.

The first impression upon walking into this place was the attentive service, didn't matter who was waiting on us, it was just plain refreshing to see. Still, I was very impressed with our server.

The food - I think everyone loved their wines and meals. I had Penne Alla Carbonara which was heavenly. I don't recommend wines because all I'll ever mention are Malbec and Riesling. I liked the Malbec.

This is an awesome way to spend at least $50 on a fine dinner. Try a dessert while you're at it.

• Visited April 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Ridiculously Lovely”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband gave it *** 3 stars & I gave it ***** 5 - so we settled in the middle. We went here for our wedding night dinner, so I might be a bit biased.

Hubby's taste - sports bar {lol}
My taste - cozy romantic dining

Pros:
-- Atmosphere {especially outdoors} is upbeat & very chic at night - palm trees, smooth lighting, fire pit, expansive lawn & live music
-- Fresh food & options for couple's to share a plate make it tasty & romantic
-- Accommodating wait staff gave us a personalized wedding congrats & a visit from the manager were a nice touch
-- Gondola rides are a sexy & fun addition to the night
-- They take reservations

Cons:
-- We ordered wedding cake from an outside vendor & the front desk manager somehow "lost" it ...? {haha} I'm thinking more like "munched" it. lol Anyway, it didn't make it back to the Alto's restaurant & the delivery company had to call me to explain what happened. I was in too much of a good mood to let this impact my rating though.

Overall, we recommend it for foodies, couples & those seeking a peaceful dining experience. Even though my hubby prefers a 'guys night out' he still really enjoyed the atmosphere & staff. -- Ladies will have a hard time not being pleased.

Thanks Alto's for making our night special !

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AryPresco
Scottsdale, Arizona
“EXXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY!!!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I and two friends from England had dinner to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. From the friendly greeting from the hostesses to the service at the bar to the great menu and dinner specials, this was a memorable experience. The mozzarella in the Caprese salad was home-made and fresh. The pasta was cooked al dente and the shrimp were perfectly cooked and very large. The desserts were great and were comped (unexpectedly) because we had mentioned that it was our anniversary. The manager visited our table and delivered an anniversary card.

Food, service, atmosphere and a free Gondola ride to top it off. What a great experience!!!!

As Arnold Schwartzenegger said "I'll be back"..

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank xnycop
Sterling, Colorado
“avoid this place!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The 3 of us wanted a birthday celeration and had read about the gondola ride. That was the only part of the evening which was enjoyable. The meal was the worst meal we have ever had as a family. My daughter's crab pasta arrived as a mush of angel pasta with perhaps a teaspoon of crab throughout the green glob. My duck had to be returned as it tasted like soap. My husband's ragout pasta was a bowl of blah veggies with a pale tomato sauce, straight from the can. It was simply a horrible night. Dirty dishes and glasses. Trash on the carpet and terrible food.

• Visited April 2012
houston
“loved this restaurant”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We sat outside by a fire pit in gorgeous weather for dinner. Everyone loved their food and the atmosphere.

Visited March 2012