“Yummy”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Clean, lots of atmosphere, great choices on the menu. It's a burger joint with a bar. But the choices on the menu are different kinds of burgers. They even had a "Pheasant" burger which my son tried and said it was delicious. I wasn't so brave. I had a regular burger but it was delicious as well. Everything is ala carte. We ordered onion rings and sweet potato fries for our sides and we all shared them. Good experience. Would definitely go there again.

1  Thank idclaire

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

There were 6 in our party.. The hot wings were a big hit as was the Hummas meal. One person said that they had the best O rings ever! I admit that they were really good. No one was impressed with the burgers

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited STAX for the first time yesterday, it was AWESOME. My friend and I were looking for a really good burger, and we absolutely found it. There are a variety of unusual (but delicious) choices, like the braised short rib burger, but they also offer ground turkey, buffalo, waygu, exotic (like rabbit, for example), and lamb.

You can choose to build your own burger using beef and all of the usual to go with it (lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickle, onions), that is what we chose to do. The burgers were cooked to perfection, very flavorful and juicy.

The space is very cool and dominated by a bar, with a small L-shaped dining room surrounding it.

When we arrived just before noon, there were four or five customers having lunch. within 20 minutes, nearly every seat was full. The server was very attentive, even once the restaurant was full. if you're looking for a great burger, this is the place to go. : )

1  Thank Jeeper06
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Since I meticulously read my favorite guide book Frommer's I was prepared. In reality the burgers are very MINI. There is a large variety of build your own. My mom had a FANTASTIC salad. Service was friendly but not overwhelmingly cordially. Given the burger portions I consider this place too pricey. But it's worth a try.

1  Thank cibiem
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Discovered this gem when the GPS couldn't find the Roaring Fork. Lovely kitschy little indoor/outdoor operation with fantastic food. Upon arrival the manager asked if it was our first trip, and then proceeded to explain the menu to us. Our salads and burgers were great - I particularly enjoyed the Wagyu beef with bleu cheese and asparagus. As we had to drive/copilot we didn't try any of the beers and mixed drinks they offer, but the lemonade was good!

We enjoyed our lunch so much that we went back a second time on this trip so we could try the wings!

1  Thank FireWife911