“Very unique”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stumbled onto this place. Great staff and service. Exotic burgers and sliders. Lots of variety, had a fun, young clientele, my teens liked it!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went to Stax for a light dinner recently. The decor is modern and inviting, and the food was very good. Between all of us we had the sweet potato tots, ahi burger, elk burger and short rib "burger" - all were excellent and the 3 oz. size makes them perfect for trying a couple of different things. Good beer and wine selections, friendly and attentive service. I would definitely go back and try more of the menu items.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

...but then again, I'm a pretty middle-of-the-road guy when it comes to burgers.

I don't quite know how to describe the decor -- pop art comes to mind. Everything is very colorful and lively. (One thing that the folks at Stax could change -- there was a nearly steady stream of passer-bys coming through the front door to make a trip to the restroom... and a few minutes later, heading back out. Maybe the management thinks if folks come in, maybe they'll stay; but I didn't really care for it.)

What I did like was the sandwiches, and not of them are burgers. Stax has quite a few different kind of burgers -- bison is one that stuck to my mind. These burgers can be described as "mini-burgers"; I believe our waiter said most of the sandwiches were about 3 oz.; several had the option of a double- or triple-burger. I had an Angus burger which was good, but the sandwich that got me was a po-boy -- that one was excellent!! My wife wasn't particularly hungry, so she ordered the "Mac and Jack" -- macaroni and Monterey Jack cheese, which can be dressed up with many different additions for a fairly reasonable price. She had chicken and mushrooms added to hers, and thought it was very good. Since Stax did not have fries or chips on the menu, I opted for the Mac and Jack as well, with bacon added -- which was also very good. A word of warning, though -- the servings of Mac and Jack border on the HUGE size! Neither of us could finish ours... but the leftovers made a tasty breakfast the next morning!

As with many places in Scottsdale, Stax was not cheap; our bill came out to around $30, which (to me) is a little steep for burgers and mac and cheese (the sandwiches were $5 apiece). Nonetheless, I can recommend a visit to Stax -- the experience was fun!

1  Thank Eatins_mah_hobby
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I enjoyed the restaurant. My burger was excellent and so was the Girl's. The server was attentive and paced our food so we weren't rushed. The Girl particularly enjoyed the tater tots. The view of Scottsdale Rd. was fun . Fun place!

1  Thank DavidFancher
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friends and I stopped here to grab a bite before heading to the airport. Service was fast and the cucumber water was SO refreshing in the heat. Between the three of us eating there we had the beef, turkey and swai burgers. We enjoyed them all. There were tons of options with the choices of cheese and condiments.