“Staff & Mgmt Excellent!”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
San Jose, California
“Staff & Mgmt Excellent!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Staff and management is excellent!

DO NOT BOOK THRU EXPEDIA!!!! They double booked me for the same dates. Their website said my reservation errored Please Try Again. Did not receive a confirmation until a lot later for double booking and did not realize it until I checked into the hotel the staff immediately told me I was in there twice and gave me a reservation # to cancel with Expedia. Expedia customer service and management is HORRIBLE!! 3 Palm hotel management, Brian, and I have been working with Expedia on a refund and it has not happened.

Again, the staff and management are excellent!!

Someone posted a complaint about the A/C and all you have to do is go to the thermostat on the wall, turn it to OFF, as well as turn it to AUTO. The faucet in the shower, all you do to adjust the temperature is turn the handle further upward counter-clockwise for cooler water.

There is no elevator, only stairs, and my room faces the lake for which I truly just enjoyed running the circumference. The window view is also the walkway. The design is a cute retro orange brown grey white for the room. They have a big screen Panasonic with speakers. The fridge and microwave are in the cabinet below the screen.

I have not yet gone to check out the fitness center nor pool. They do have a little business center with kitchen sink and lounge with a tv and two computers.

It may not be a "resort hotel" but I am staying longer. It's great. You can view their daily rates which are the same on their web site as they are with the booking companies.

The only thing is to avoid McDowell heading East at Scottsdale Rd on your way here due to construction. Coming from East going West on McDowell there is no construction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Peet R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We booked based on price and ratings. Also as we had only two nights here we decided to be in an area that we were interested in. That was a good decision as the city is much larger than we expected with quite big travel distances. 3 Palms check-in is very efficient and the online booking was fine. The rooms are spacious with nice bathroom, and big bench for coffee and food preparation although not a kitchen - the microwave, fridge and coffee maker were great. Overall the room was clean with no smells. I would mention a couple of issues that I think are not reasons to stay away: the AC is noisy and should be turned off at bedtime; the shower curtain slopes down at the ends so water gets everywhere when using the excellent shower; the rooms can be noisy and you can hear movements outside. On the other side, other facilities are good: laundry, pool complex with spa were clean; exercise room has good gear. So, for the price it's very good value and I have no problem recommending to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eudele
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Very nice clean modern room. Can't beat it for the price. The front desk staff was excellent and took care of everything I needed. Make sure you ask for Stephanie, she's top notch and on top of everything. Very impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for Stephanie
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Thatsixseven
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to Phoenix to visit some of the main landmarks. 3 Palms hotel was perfectly located close to the Zoo, the Desert Botanical Garden, Downtown Scottsdale.

The room was impeccably clean, had all the amenities (mini fridge, microwave, safe, iron and table), free Wifi and ample parking. It was very quiet, yet close to main roads. The staff at reception is very friendly and welcoming.

We really enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank princesslyka
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We secured this booking at a reduced price(watch for lower prices in some seasons) and this property was well worth what we paid. The room we had was small but very clean(cudos to maid service).This room had all we needed i.e. fridge, coffee,iron etc. We asked for the quietest area of the hotel and were pleased until our last night of a 4 night stay. Loud partiers until 3am next door! No sleep, we were really PO! Called front desk but no answer. We travel alot and request quiet areas all the time. We realize that the hotel keepers can't tell in advance who the partiers are, but in a property thats barely 1/2 full I trully believe they could separate their patrons better. All in all this is a nice property thats next to a greenbelt. My wife and I took walks daily and enjoyed all the waterfowl in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side of the building are on a dead-end street and are the quietest ( at least unt...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikey54x
Bowen Island, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I came to stay for week to be near a firend. I hoped for tranquil weather & peaceful time at the spa. What I got was thunderstorms & guys trying to repair and spray paint the walls and fences. Much to my surprise, the staff made every effort to make my stay pleasant. Emanuel picked up a book for me at a bookshop since I was not feeling well with migraines. Morgan helped solve lots of problems, giving information about the area and genuinely making me feel at home and cared about. The staff cares for the place with a loving touch. The guys tried to work quietly and and were so gracious. I felt like I was with a kind family. Yes, I wished I had known about the repairs before I checked in...but I received more true loving kindness than discomfort.
A heartfelt Thank You and Happy New Year to the Staff one and all.

Room Tip: in room jetted tub is nice-local chinese restaurant delivers and has no MSG!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andrea k
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked a stay for my birthday weekend directly through the website and I was excited because of all the great reviews I had read and the great price I was getting. When we arrived at 9pm on Dec 6 we were informed that there had been an error and some reservations from another site came in delayed so the rooms had been overbooked. I was informed that I was the first person affected and that my room had been changed to two queen beds and that the rooms had been first come first serve. There was no apology but having worked in customer service I understand things like this happen. When we got to the room there was a grease covered rag on the floor by the door and the room was so crammed I could hardly move my suitcase in front of the beds. We turned on the heater and it reeked of paint. I was frustrated cause it was so late and i just wanted to relax on my birthday but we decided it was unbearable and went to see if we could change rooms or get a refund if that wasn't possible. So we go to the front desk and explain what was wrong and the girl said they were booked so they could get us another room and brushed off our complaints by saying the room was just renovated. We asked for a refund and she said he had to wait for a supervisor but insisted they would do it. We asked if we could be notified when it was done so I left my email address and I was assured I would receive an email about the issue. We also stated that it would have been nice to have some sort of phone call or notification of the situation so we could have adjusted our travel plans and in response the girl rudely said "well I can't go back in time now". We left feeling like our issues didn't matter and no sort of consolation or even apology was offered. I never received an email about my refund so I called and left a message that Sunday and received a call back on Monday stating my refund was processed. (Still no apology). As I said I work in customer service and understand things happen but I felt like my business didn't matter at all and they were happy to just see a customer walk out. What a let down.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Reoneill1
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Reoneill1,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the General Manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. I would like to be the first to apologize. I am truly sorry that your experience of our Guest Service was less than expected. As you pointed out, our previous reviews reflect the utmost of service. It seems that on your most recent visit with us you did not experience that. I understand how frustrating it can be to not only encounter situations that are beyond your control, but then to have someone address your situation with no empathy. That is not what the 3 Palms Resort Oasis is about. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in all of Arizona and I pause for concern when I hear that one of our guests did not experience this. Again, my deepest apologies. I hope that you are able to come back to this hotel and see the hotel as it is truly meant to be seen; with hospitality and a genuine concern for guest well being. I am going to contact you so that I can see how we can truly make this right. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can do better. Thank you very much and please make it a great day!!