“Kind and caring” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Bowen Island, Canada
“Kind and caring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I came to stay for week to be near a firend. I hoped for tranquil weather & peaceful time at the spa. What I got was thunderstorms & guys trying to repair and spray paint the walls and fences. Much to my surprise, the staff made every effort to make my stay pleasant. Emanuel picked up a book for me at a bookshop since I was not feeling well with migraines. Morgan helped solve lots of problems, giving information about the area and genuinely making me feel at home and cared about. The staff cares for the place with a loving touch. The guys tried to work quietly and and were so gracious. I felt like I was with a kind family. Yes, I wished I had known about the repairs before I checked in...but I received more true loving kindness than discomfort.
A heartfelt Thank You and Happy New Year to the Staff one and all.

Room Tip: in room jetted tub is nice-local chinese restaurant delivers and has no MSG!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andrea k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked a stay for my birthday weekend directly through the website and I was excited because of all the great reviews I had read and the great price I was getting. When we arrived at 9pm on Dec 6 we were informed that there had been an error and some reservations from another site came in delayed so the rooms had been overbooked. I was informed that I was the first person affected and that my room had been changed to two queen beds and that the rooms had been first come first serve. There was no apology but having worked in customer service I understand things like this happen. When we got to the room there was a grease covered rag on the floor by the door and the room was so crammed I could hardly move my suitcase in front of the beds. We turned on the heater and it reeked of paint. I was frustrated cause it was so late and i just wanted to relax on my birthday but we decided it was unbearable and went to see if we could change rooms or get a refund if that wasn't possible. So we go to the front desk and explain what was wrong and the girl said they were booked so they could get us another room and brushed off our complaints by saying the room was just renovated. We asked for a refund and she said he had to wait for a supervisor but insisted they would do it. We asked if we could be notified when it was done so I left my email address and I was assured I would receive an email about the issue. We also stated that it would have been nice to have some sort of phone call or notification of the situation so we could have adjusted our travel plans and in response the girl rudely said "well I can't go back in time now". We left feeling like our issues didn't matter and no sort of consolation or even apology was offered. I never received an email about my refund so I called and left a message that Sunday and received a call back on Monday stating my refund was processed. (Still no apology). As I said I work in customer service and understand things happen but I felt like my business didn't matter at all and they were happy to just see a customer walk out. What a let down.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Reoneill1
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Reoneill1,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the General Manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. I would like to be the first to apologize. I am truly sorry that your experience of our Guest Service was less than expected. As you pointed out, our previous reviews reflect the utmost of service. It seems that on your most recent visit with us you did not experience that. I understand how frustrating it can be to not only encounter situations that are beyond your control, but then to have someone address your situation with no empathy. That is not what the 3 Palms Resort Oasis is about. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in all of Arizona and I pause for concern when I hear that one of our guests did not experience this. Again, my deepest apologies. I hope that you are able to come back to this hotel and see the hotel as it is truly meant to be seen; with hospitality and a genuine concern for guest well being. I am going to contact you so that I can see how we can truly make this right. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can do better. Thank you very much and please make it a great day!!
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was in town visiting for the Holidays. I booked a room at the 3 palms, & for a great price! I arrived, the hotel looked nice, the rooms looked Great, it was quit, & close to a Great Park! so I was Happy with the place, until I woke up in the morning with bed bug bites all over my left & right arms, top of my neck, my back, both my hands, & Legs! so all I have to say is " LOOKS CAN BE VERY DECEIVING!!!!!!!"

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank yeaitsrapino
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear yeaitsrapino,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the general manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. We take accusations of bed bugs very seriously. I am truly sorry that you woke up with what you perceived to be bites on your arm but I can assure you they were not from bed bugs in that room. The minute that you brought this to our attention on the day you checked out, I immediately put that room out of service. Myself and two other of my managers inspected that room to make sure that there were no bugs. We absolutely found no bugs or any sign of bugs. We went so far to call our pest management vendor at our expense to have them and inspect that room with their bed bug sniffing dog. They also found no signs if bed bugs in that room.

I found it quite strange that you made no mention of bed bugs until after you realized that your non refundable reservation would not be refunded. As you can see from the numerous reviews that we receive online there is never any mention of bed bugs. We pride ourselves on being sensitive and very vigilant on keeping all manner of pests out of the hotel. This accusation that you have made is baseless and defamatory.
Groningen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We also had an upgrade to a jacuzzi in the room. We only stayed 1 night, but is was really nice. Good bed, strong airco (is was outside 40C/104F). Reception was very friendly, I had a problem with my CC, and he called several times to the store to correct it.
It's was very quiet in the area, I think because of the heat. The city was very "slow". For the men, go back 3 miles traveling to Phoenix. There is a car lane, only the top brands, like ferrari, bugatti etc etc. Nice cars :)

Room Tip: You have the outside, of the hotel. If you travel early, put your car there, it's out of the hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a nice, small hotel. They upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi tub in the room (in the room, not in the bathroom). It was a little weird, kind of Vegas-y, but nice. The room was nice and clean, and they also had a nice pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Racherz
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stephanie, consistantly provides outstanding guest services "instantly" without the typical delays normally encountered at most hotels. 3 Palms view of the park with ducks and water is relaxing and enjoyable and makes me keep extending my stay! The granite counter, bath walls and floor give the rooms an upscale appearance. More entertainment channels would be nice, which I'm fairly certain Brian, Executive Manager "a truely dedicated professional", will ultimately install. 3 Palms has better rooms than mine, which they continue upgrading, so take that into consideration when booking. No hotel is without engineering problems from time to time and this hotel is no exception. However, they have a skilled staff who handle mechanical issues quickly. Oh, the washers and dryers are the best I have seen in any hotel. There are 3 new front desk persons who need your consideration if you check in soon. Emanuel, Hotel Mgr. and Morgan are supporting in that area daily. Trip advisor says tell the pros and cons, so I guess a con would be the frequent rate changes dependant upon occupancy levels, so keep that in mind if you plan to stay over. In conclusion, the housekeeping staff are superior!

Room Tip: The greater the distance from McDowell Rd. the lower the traffic noise which consists of a lot of si...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The 3 Palms staff exceeded my expectations during my extended stay, so I returned. Emanuel, G.M. and his staff aim to please in every possible way, which makes this hotel stand out! All the things other reviews state are true, so I decided to just talk about the friendly atmosphere here. However, they can't predict what some inconsiderate guests in adjoining rooms may do nor control their actions, the staff works hard to make your stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the park are nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo