“nice budget hotel”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for a night in July..first off I work in the customer service department for a major airline. and i have to say that the front desk guy I had when I checked in was fabulous..every single employee I delt with was over the top nice..I would stay there again just because of that..the room was fine it was clean and the bed comfortable..the pool was right outside our door....the pool bar was not open which was too bad because it was really hot and i would have spent some money there but maybe that is because it was July and low season there for travel. It's not super fancy but the location is good and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised. Everything was as we read on the website and gathered from the other reviews. The only complaint we have is someone took advantage of the nice speakers in the room and was playing music very loudly at 8:30AM and we could smell "smoke". Other than that, we'd stay again if in the Scottsdale area. A customer loyalty program would almost assure that we would.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from August 9th- 11th. We were greeted in the lobby by Michael who was very friendly and welcoming. He asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and we said no and then asked us if we would like an upgrade to a suite. Of course we said YES!. My husband and I had a great time and used the pool and the hot tub in the room.

Thank you Michael for the free upgrade and great service :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Amanda greeted me quickly with a smile and got me checked in within a few minutes! Our suite was great (clean, quiet, and fully equipped), however, I would suggest that the housekeeping cart be moved to a better location than in front of the stairs near the pool! In the afternoon and in the morning the cart was blocking the stairs and I had to move it, there was no one around! Check out was great also, I wish that I had got the gentleman's name, however, he was very helpful in giving directions to shopping and restaurants to other guests!

Room Tip: The suite is a bonus with family and friends....2 bathrooms and 2 TV's with a DVD player! Plenty...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

As always I looked at the Trip Advisor review for this hotel and the 1st review I read said "pleasant surprise". I totally agree. The hotel has the layout of an older 1960's Holiday Inn, doors opening to the outside, outside stairways, no elevators. BUT from the lobby to the actual hotel rooms themselves - I was pleasantly surprised indeed! I was so impressed by the gentleman who checked my husband and myself in - his name was Damon. He was extremely pleasant and efficient to deal with. After our fast and efficient check in we went to our room and it wasn't made up. Upon returning to the front desk, even though there was a line of customers wàiting to check in so we got in the back of the line. After Damon finished registering the guests he was helping when we walked back into the lobby, he appologized to the rest of the customers waiting in front of us and he said to them that he was sorry but he had just checked us in and he felt he should try to help the current guests so they could get to their rooms....just like that new customers would want that type of service too should they have a problem after they register. I thought he not only was smart,polite AND eloquent in his explanation to other customers in front of us. All the other customers stepped to the side and we slid to the front of the line so Damon could help us. We explained the problem of the room not being made up and he apologized AND quickly gave us a key to another room. NOW THAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Okay, this room was well appointed, smelled great, no smokey smell, nice bedding, very nice towels, soaps, lotion, tissues were all Hyatt quality. I've stayed at Hyatt hotels many many times and this little hotel has so many similarities....I am SURPRISED it isn't a Hyatt. The price I paid was no where near a Hyatt price....which was great! Okay one last story, because I was due at Mayo Clinic early AM appt we had to leave before 6 AM....BUT when I told the front desk person George that I really needed a cup of coffee but the complementàry coffee room didn't open till 7AM....George very nicely offered to make a fresh pot of coffee for my husband and myself and open the coffee room ahead of time just for us....TALK ABOUT KIND AND GREAT SERVICE! I'll tell you folks, this hotel is definately worth staying at. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had a reservation problem upon arrival. I was tired and frustrated, but, Amanda, was very helpful in resolving the problem. She is a credit to the hotel and provided outstanding customer service. I was very happy with her help and will gladly stay here again. Nice room at a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kjsrc
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were greeted with a smile and accommodations were grand. We felt like we were home. We were lucky to have her! We are a young couple looking to have fun in town tonight and are gonna head to the pool. It's open till midnight which we thought is awesome!

• Stayed: August 2013