“Couldn't have been any better!”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the 3 Palms, and I can not say how impressed we both were with everything! We arrived late at night around 11:30pm-12am. There was only one girl (Jatana) working at the desk. She was helping someone else when we came in. After traveling all night from Buffalo, we were exhausted and aggravated. She was professional and courteous by not ignoring us and checking us in as soon as she could. We came in contact with her a couple of other times through out our trip with calling for taxis, menus, phone numbers, etc and she was very helpful from the beginning to the end. In fact, all of the staff (front desk, housekeeping, and grounds) were friendly and greeted us throughout our entire trip.

For the price we paid for the hotel (approx. $64/ night) we were not expecting anything extravagant. Needless to say, the rooms surpassed our expectations. We loved the modern décor; however I was most impressed with the cleanliness of EVERYTHING. The shower, bathroom, floors, and bed/sheets were all very clean. We did not want to leave because the bed was SO comfortable and so large. The refrigerator and microwave in the room was extremely useful. There is a grocery store in walking distance across the street and we loaded up on beverages and food to stock the room. (There isn’t anything on site besides vending machines, but there is a bistro in the same parking lot…we did not check that place out though). There was also a large flat screen TV in the room with HBO. (We did not have a suite, just a standard room..which we felt was large enough for just the two of us).

The pool & lounge area were gorgeous and very clean as well. The first day we went to the pool we were the only two there for a couple hours. The pool was never over crowded or packed, usually only about 4-10 people over all. One recommendation I do have is having the pool bar open during the actual day hours when the hotel guests are pool side and it could be used. We were at the pool two days anywhere in between 11:00 – 3:00 ish, and the pool bar was not open. I walked by one day around 430-5 and saw it open. The pool had guests at it all day long, then it seemed as though when everyone had left, the pool bar was open. I would have ordered from there had it been open during my pool visits, just a suggestion!

Overall, I was truly impressed with the location, the décor, staff professionalism/friendliness, and entire experience. I would absolutely stay here again upon a return trip to Scottsdale. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit. It is truly a gem and a “boutique hotel”, not a motel as other reviewers classified it. You can’t beat the price of this hotel for the good service and amenities you receive!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Wow! What a great review and I appreciate all of the wonderful feedback regarding your visit to 3 Palms. We look forward to a return trip.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Here's an interesting story:

Our company booked two rooms for two nights at the Palms hotel in Scottsdale. One room had wet sheets and pillow cases the other room had bloody sheets. It was 8:30 PM and we asked management for new sheets. Management only had one extra pair of sheets available...which were both bloody and wet. We asked if they had another pair. They said they do but they would have to go outside to get them, and could not leave their desk. We asked for the GM, and got the GM on the phone. She replied "tough."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bis99999

I am truly sorry that your visit to 3 Palms fell short of your expectations. We would love to have you back to give you the true 3 Palms experience. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

3 Palms almost got a perfect review, but on our last night there, the housekeepers forgot to leave us bath towels. By the time we got in, it thought was too late to call anyone. Also, I wish the water in the shower could get a bit hotter. Other than that nit-picky stuff, our stay was freaking awesome!
My boyfriend and I stayed four nights. We had a deluxe room with a whirlpool. The room was small, but so what? It had everything we needed and more-a bed, a whirlpool tub, a shower, a tv, refrigerator, microwave, and a closet. The decor of the room was nice-browns and oranges with dark wood.
Our room was right by the pool and I was nervous because I thought people would be loud all times of the night. I need not have worried because no one was loud or rambunctious in the wee hours of the night. We stayed on the first floor and although there was someone staying above us, we couldn't hear them at all.
For the price they charge for a stay here and what is included when you stay here, I don't know how the owners of 3 Palms stays in business! This place is a hidden gem.
I highly recommend staying at the 3 Palms if you're in Scottsdale!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Mercurial1
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

WOW!! What a great review and I very much appreciate all of the wonderful comments about almost every aspect of our hotel. Please call me directly so I can arrange your next 3 Palms visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Inexpensive, clean, great pool and hot tub. Close to the airport, easy access to shopping. Perfect for a couple of days shopping. We would go back again. Didn't intend to use the spa but someone was doing a Meetup so we got a drink and a facial for $20. We were there Monday and Tues and the poolside bar wasn't open except for the Meetup.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Many thanks for all the great comments including our clean rooms, great pool, reasonable rates and super location. I look forward to your return to the 3 Palms!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I know this is counter to making money but the Hotel would be better if you were less tolerant of the guests. The hotel is very nice with a great pool and clean modern rooms. I think the price although a great value encourages less savory clientele. Give people a chance but don't be afraid to ask people to leave who are not making the stay of the majority an enjoyable experience. the short term loss will mean long term gains.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank djrevxo

I appreciate your review of the 3 Palms and am glad that overall you really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the comments regarding our very nice property and our clean modern rooms. Unfortunately we are not different from other hotels and occasionally have guests that are insensitive towards others. We do not tolerate bad behavior at the 3 Palms and I assure you that we will remove disruptive guests.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My first impression was that this hotel was in a poor location and miles away from anything. The hotel reflects nothing close to a resort or 5 star hotel. It looked like an old best western. The front desk staff was less than friendly and almost annoyed with the check-in process. Not a good first impression. When checking in, they were more concerned about charging a $100 incidental charge and going over the rules. No smiles were exchanged and no welcoming small talk was made. We walked into the room and kinda creeped out by the bathtub IN THE ROOM(which we paid extra for) and by the super low middle hanging light fixture. The Room was pretty small but the tub in the room didnt help. The conditioner bottle was halfway full snd half screwed on on with a long brown curly hair screwed into the cap. I love 2nd hand conditioner. There was one large towel and were made to feel like a burdencwhen asking for more. The shower faucet was broken and missing the cover piece. When I unfolded the bath rug towel there was a squished dried up bug in the rug. There was a cricket in the shower. I looked behind the bed and mattress to double check for bed bugs and behind the bed and along the edges of the carpet was filthy and covered in crumbs. On the plus side, no bed bugs. The tv picture was extremely poor and remote hardly worked. Walls were extremely thin. The room did have fridge which was convenient. Hotel should be called Half Palms. We will NEVER stay here again. I'm wondering about all the good reviews and if that was the same hotel????

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Angela W

First of all I am very sorry that your visit to 3 Palms was not what you envisioned when you initially made your reservation. I wish that you had spoken with me directly during your visit so I could have made the situation better for you. I also believe that all of the past satisfied guests of 3 Palms are not liars and truly enjoyed our property and I invite all to enjoy our wonderful hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is well located, inexpensive, and relatively clean. I have stayed here many times during the past few years. The problem is that the walls are paper thin and the clientele has become quite young and very loud. My neighbor cursed and talked at the top of his voice all night long and was still going strong at 7 am the next morning! We paid for two nights in advance and chose to leave after one night when I heard him startup again at 5 pm the next day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerAZ863

Thank you for your response regarding the recent 3 Palms visit. We certainly are a great value and well located for our guests. I am truly sorry that you had a very noisy neighbor. Please contact me directly should you consider staying at 3 Palms again.