“RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed September 19, 2012

booked this hotel 5 months in advance and when we came to the front-desk, after a long drive, they did not found our reservation. (reservation was confirmed by booking.com) They simply had not our "the luxe room" available. After a lot of discussion and fight between the staff-members of the front-desk (in front of every client!?), the "head" of the front-desk (called Wendy) said us that "we weren't their problem"?!!

Never expired something like this in the states, (by the way, this is not a hotel, just a motel).

But no problem: i booked myself the same day another hotel-> Smoke tree resort and bungalows -> wow, for the same price you get here a suite and a beautiful environment!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank A3123
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I am truly sorry that your reservation was not made for our hotel. We would certainly have been able to accomodate you had we not been sold out. Should your travels bring you back this way again please contact me directly as I would love to give you the true 3 Palms experience.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Pleasantly surprised. Was not sure what to expect with the price, but we so happy we would definitely stay again. Claire was very helpful as was all the staff. Room was overall clean however, could do with a bit of extra attention under beds. The tenants before had smoked in the room, which left left a faint smell, but didn't bother us. We had a great stay and would not hesitate in recommending this to our friends.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your visit to 3 Palms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is long overdue, stayed here a few months back with my girlfriend for a quick one night date night on a Tuesday night. Fast forward to now, living together, life is super, and the stay we had was so much fund and so relaxinf we are coming back (without her knowledge) on this coming Saturday.....and assumeing she says yes we will have a very, very good time. Cant wait!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

So glad that you chose 3 Palms for a one night date night getaway. Our atmosphere here is fun and relaxing and I am pleased that you will be returning for another date night soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I often shoot up to the Phoenix area from Tucson for a quick, kidless, overnight getaway. The 3 Palms is the perfect place for us. Our last stay before this one was less than perfect, but things have improved immensely since then. The beds and pillows were very comfy, the room was clean and the service was friendly and efficient. You can read the rest of the reviews to learn about the groovy, retro atmosphere and the awesome, salt-water pool. Sure, the clientele is sometimes eclectic, but that's the way we like it. If you want fancy, go to the Scottsdale Resort. If you want character and fun, stay at the 3 Palms. And don't forget to take advantage of a pool-side massage for just $25. The wife loved it, and when the wife is happy, I'm happy. Oh, and the General Manager, Matt, is confident, knowledgeable, and pleasant. I mentioned to Matt that I'd like to have a small get together at the Hotel and he immediately gave me his card and assured me that he would take good care of us. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Skip the Jacuzzi tub room and get a second floor overlooking the pool. People watching at it's f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful review and I appreciate the fact that you have seen improvements. I agree that our beds are extremely comfortable and that you appreciate our groovy & retro atmosphere here at 3 Palms. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

great place to stay, friendly staff, clean property,comfy pillow top beds. room had micro, minifrig,coffee maker. located across street from greenbelt/park with walking/biking paths, disc golf course skate park, lakes.easy access to scottsdale, tempe,mesa, close to several spring training parks. dennys on west side of park, restaurant on property but didnt try. had a great stay & would stay again, would recomment this property.

Room Tip: if early to bed dont get room by pool, little noisy on weekends(families in) kids are kids & are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redr0b4162
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments from your stay at 3 Palms. We appreciate the mentions of our great staff and the cleanliness of our property. Next time please visit Sevens' Bistro and I am sure you will be more than satisfied with the great selection of entrees and attentive service. See you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was very pleasent staying a three palms thinking about doing it again soon
The service was very good there was a slight problem at first but it was handled very well. And the location was supurb cause there amenties were there plus the lake right out side waqs very nice. i really liked the lake and it was quiet plus my whirlpool in he room was a nice treat also

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Matt C, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for the great survey and I am glad we will be welcoming you back soon. Eldorado Park is indeed a wonderful park located right next to 3 Palms. Our whirlpool tubs are a nice feature here and again we look forward to seeing you in the not so distant future.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was going to Scottsdale so that I could find some place to work and I found this hotel on Hotels.com and I looked at the price and then I viewed the pictures and the price was right and the hotel was very chic. I live in chicago and a hotel with this type of ambiance would be very pricey, This hotel is Scottsdale best kept secrect I would stay there again and again!!!!!!!
Also it very close to the night life in old town scottsdale and the richest mall in the world which is the Fashion Square Mall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tony b

I appreciate the wonderful feedback Tony and I hope you will return soon to 3 Palms. Thank you for refering to us as Scottsdale's best secret and also mentioning our convenient location to Phoenix and Scottsdale. Best wishes.....