I quickly booked a room here for two nights at the last minute. I snap decided to go here based on the fact that it had a poolside bar and cheap rates. I also read that there was a resaurant in front of it that had decent food. I figured it wouldn't be a complete 'resort' feel since the rates were so low, but I was still a little hopeful to be surprised. As soon as i pulled up to the property to check in the staff seemed professional and friendly. I couldn't help but notice that the property appeared that somebody bought a Motel 6 and gave it a massive facelift. I walked into my room and that feeling was confirmed, it's basically a Motel 6 (exact same layout and size of room) with a bunch of renovations made to it to give it a more modern look. I figured that I was already here and the rates were good so I'll just make the most of it. I put on my swim clothes and prepared to go down to the poolside bar and grab a cocktail and lounge by the pool. I got downstairs to see that the poolside bar wasn't even open and appeared to have not been open for sometime. I called the front desk and asked them if the bar ever opens. I was told the place is 'currently closed'. My main reason for going there was to lounge by the pool and order a few cocktails to relax. Let down number one. So I ended up going out for drinks and some dinner in downtown Scottsdale and had fun. Evening number two I pulled up to the Avalon (the restaurant in front of the property) to see their hours and if I could go grab some dinner. A sign on the front door read that the place is also 'currently closed'. Let down number two. Now if the poolside bar and resaurant where open I feel I would have quickly gotten over the fact that the place is basically a Motel 6 with a few updates. But they weren't open so I basically came to Scottsdale to stay at a Motel 6 with a fancier bed, a nicer tv, and a trendy odd shaped pool. In the end I will not stay here again. If you want to grab dinner at their restaurant or relax and order a cocktail by the pool, I suggest you call and make sure these places are even open. Those are the two things that make up for the 3 palms' appearance. Without those two, Motel 6 with a different sign in front is basically where you are staying, and that's the honest truth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you enter our stunning yet intimate lobby, the desert stone accents set in the hand laid white crystal granite warn you to expect something special including a level of service that some people consider sublime. All of our rooms and suites are tastefully appointed with carefully selected modern art, contemporary custom made furnishings, and entertainment centers. Our guests of this Scottsdale Hotel bask in the comfort of our super deluxe pillow top beds dressed with 400-thread count linens, down comforters, and four equally soft down pillows. Passionate attention to detail continues throughout the 3 Palms Hotel in Scottsdale, with features selected with your comfort and convenience in mind. Cable/satellite TV with premium channels, DVD players, stereos, refrigerators, microwaves, and the all important coffee maker are just some of the amenities we've included in anticipation of your every need at our boutique Scottsdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your 3 Palms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Palms Resort Oasis Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Resort Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Hotel Scottsdale