“Great hotel at a good price”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Santa Cruz, California
“Great hotel at a good price”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Hotel room was very clean, nice decor and bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed are say. Hotel borders large park that was great for jogging. Lots of playgrounds for families, and a disc golf course. Hotel pool was fantastic. Really refreshing. Great place to lounge the day away and relax. And it had a bar...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2011

After reading all the great reviews and perusing the website, we thought this would be an thrifty yet relaxing get-away weekend of lazing by the pool. Well...not so fast. When we checked into our room the first thing I noticed was the old stale cigarette smoke although it was a "nonsmoking" room. The room itself was cute although the carpeting a bit soiled. Then we called down to find out more about the restaurant the website boasts as being one of the top in the Valley. That is when we found out there had been a "fire" and the restaurant was closed. In fact, there was nothing on the premises at all but an ice machine. Since we did not pack an ice chest and really did not feel like going shopping we decided to go home. We were assured that we would be refunded for one night (we paid for two) and we were fine with that but later the manager changed his mind. Granted, it won't break us but I am disappointed with the dishonesty of the establishment in honoring their word as well as the motel's deceptive website.
Lesson learned: always call for info and use the website as a very general guide. And it is true...you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Cheap, No Frills, No Food, No Drink
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingCouple5050
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed one night before departing on an early morning flight - it's only a short drive to Sky Harbor Airport. It was so inexpensive, I was a little worried, but needlessly. It's basically an outdoor corridor motel, but it has some very nice touches. Quality bedding and towels, larger than average pool area and large flat screen TVs. It's located across the street from a lovely park with a jogging trail & even Frisbee golf. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel for a long stay in Scottsdale, but for a brief stop, we found it perfect. I'd also recommend eating at Indian Deli Palace - not too far down the street.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roccgt
Chicagoland
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a great place to stay! Reasonable rates for rooms that rock! The room decor is very in...from the walls to the furniture to the lighting! The bathrooms are gorgeous and the beds very comfortable. The pool is large and beautiful! Orange umbrellas, chairs and awnings make the outdoors pop! A covered "cabana" features a big screen TV, perfect when you need to catch up on the news and don't want to head back to your room. The lobby staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. Stay here for a few days, but better yet, spend a week here! The money you save by staying here can be used on all the things Scottsdale and Phoenix have in store for you. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend this for people who want clean, convenient, and reasonable accommodations.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is my second trip to the Scottsdale area. I was referred to the 3 Palms by a friend of mine. I really enjoyed my stay here...can't beat the price.

The property has been resigned into a retro type boutique hotel (formerly an InnSuites property). The owner has invested a lot of money to really enhance this property. I really love the decor and the pool area. This is not a new property (built in the 50"s) so the rooms are smaller but the upgrades....WOW! 42" flat screen tv's, dvd player, surround sound system. microwave, refrigerator in every room all for what I considered the best rate in Scottsdale.

This property is located across the street from a park so there is plenty of walking trails and a Disc Golf course (never heard of Disc Golf before staying here). I love the view from my second floor room. It was a two room suite, made my five day stay such a treat.

The pool area was one of the best, not the largest, but very clean and well maintained. The pool bar was only open in the evening but the bartender-George was funny.

There are two employees who really stand out-Josh and Sandy. Josh was working the the front desk when I checked in, what a great guy. Very knowledgeable about what to do and where to go in the Scottsdale area. Sandy I found out later is the General Manager- extremely friendly, always on the move and really to do whatever he can to make my stay the most most enjoyable.

For the price, the location and the staff I will return here whenever I am in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Request a room on the park side.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed here over the Memorial Day Weekend with my wife. We really enjoyed it. We had a 1st floor room overlooking El Dorado Park.

I have stayed here many times over the last twelve months for business which is why my wife and I decided to stay here. I wouldn't come back if I wasn't totally satisfied. Some of the rooms are smaller than the newer properties but the charm and redesign of this property is worth the smaller rooms especially for the price!

This property has probably one of the best trained and customer service focused staffs I have ever seen. They are always willing to go that extra mile for you. A big thank you goes out to the GM-Sandy for the excellent service and attention he provide to my wife and I. We were celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary during this stay. I do not know how he found out but he put several balloons, chocolates, and a great bottle of wine in our room. What a great unexpected surprise when we opened the door! this little "extra" just really made our weekend. It's little things like this that keeps bringing me back.

All other things aside, this is a great property run by a guy who really cares about not only his guests but employees too. We really enjoyed our quiet, relaxing weekend.

We will be back again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Toyotatrukr
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed May 28, 2011

We saw the great reviews on this hotel and so we decided to give it a try.
We were thrilled with the pool...It has a great resort feel. But other than the pool, this motel was very odd. It's a motel with a face lift. All the room entrances are from outside-no inside hallways. The parking lot is pretty dark at night and did not feel very safe. People walk right outside their room and smoke and of course it seeps right into the neighboring rooms. The rooms are teeny tiny, If you are on a different schedule than others traveling with you, you'll wake them while you get ready, because the sink and mirror are in the bedroom. They've really worked at updating this place and it has a decent decor, but it's basically a motel trying to mask as a hotel. There are some strange things... There are 2 washer and dryers in an outside covered patio area; $1.50 a load, with no soap for sale?? We left the housekeeper a $10 tip with a note asking for extra towels. When we came back after being gone all day...only 2 towels in the room. That was the last tip we left.
I think this is a great place if all you're interested in is the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family