This is an older property that's very well-kept. It's located on Scottsdale Road, in a central location. Go a couple of miles south and you're in Tempe at the Arizona State campus. Two miles north and you're in Old Town Scottsdale. Very easy to navigate.
There are two levels of rooms. The first is basically a one-room suite, which is what we ordered initially. It has a "kitchenette" consisting of a very small refirgerator, two-burner hot plate and a microwave. Judging by our units, the hotel doesn't spend a lot upgrading them.
That's because they offer, for $20 a night more, full one-bedroom suites with lots of storage space, two TVs and a small but complete kitchen as well as decent living room accommodations. We quickly realized the smaller rooms were too small and upgraded. We certainly were glad we did.
One thing we noticed: We were in a building set back from the street, and it was amazingly quiet all the time. Go for Building B. It's nice and quiet.
To put this in perspective, we got the smaller unt for $49 a night on Orbitz. The larger was $69. Pay up. It's worth it.
They offer free wireless Internet which worked just fine. The rooms were old but clean. There are several swimming pools on the premises, along with a hot tub in the central courtyard area. All seemed clean and functional. They also have tennis courts.
They offer free cooked-to-order breakfast for guests. It is not great food and the menu is very limited, but can get you started on the day. They also have a 90-minute happy hour at the pool each night for guests. Free booze! Some nights during our stay it was mellow and on one it was rowdy, but never out of control. People seemed friendly all the time.
Speaking of friendly, the staff was.
We'd definitely stay there again. It's not upscale, but they offer real value for the cost-conscious traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming hotel is located in Scottsdale on the borders of Scottsdale, Pheonix, and Tempe. Providing guests with outstanding services and amenities - including a free happy hour each evening and, if you book directly with the hotel, a free breakfast each morning! Each room is tucked away in a private courtyard setting amidst the tall palm trees and bougainvillea. The majority of rooms overlook crystal blue pools for guests' daytime and evening pleasure. Two room types or suites are available. The Studio Suite offers a one room suite with a kitchenette, and the One Bedroom Suite offers either one queen bed, or 2 double beds, a pull-out-sofa and a separate living area and kitchen. The kitchens come fully equipped offering guests the opportunity for extended stay vacations. Nearby recreation makes this hotel a haven for the sports enthusiast. Featuring golf and tour services, several restaurants within walking distance, biking, hiking, and jogging trails all close access to property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hospitality Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospitality Hotel Scottsdale
- Hospitality Resort Scottsdale
- Hospitality Suites Scottsdale