“Dated decor but a good value”

Hospitality Suite Resort
Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dated decor but a good value”
Reviewed July 4, 2006

Stayed for one night, June 29th. Checked in at 10pm, didn't want to chance missing their free shuttle so rented a car instead.

Pro's: Value of $55 was very good with a free made to order breakfast from a fixed menu. You get, coffee, juice and an entree choice.
Park fair close to the room, mine was away from the street. The street noise can get loud.
Loved the kitchenette and would have used it if a stayed longer.
Missed the happy hour at 5pm

Con's: Front desk staff were polite but young, so little in customer service and additional help.
Room smelled musty, I thought is was a smoking room, I bring a room freshener plug in which worked like a charm.
Bedding and Furniture were dated and old.
Odd design of the closet in the bathroom

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Reviewed May 24, 2006

I would also have to say the rooms were clean, but definitely the furnishings etc need to be updated i imagine 25 years ago it was pretty nice. The grounds are very nice and the pools small but clean. Happy hour was fun, the breakfast wasn't much. A good economy hotel, 73 canadian a night for a one bedroom.

• Stayed May 2006
Reviewed May 17, 2006

The room was clean, but the furniture, bedding and building was dated and in need of being updated and renewed. I can see now why the price is so low.. The room was clean but the building, furniture, and bedding seemed old and well used. This wasn't a "resort" in the usual sense, though it served its purpose during our short stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2006

I stayed in a one bedroom "Suite" for 7 days. On the Saturday I was to check out, I was unexpectantly delayed in my doctors office, causing me to be two hours late to check-out time. So when I returned to the hotel, in the taxi (I was still pretty sedated and under orders not to drive), my room was locked. I went to the front desk to ask for access to my belongings, and explained I was extremely sorry, I had experienced complications in a medical proceedure I had undergone the past 6 hours and was late being released from my doctors care. The attendant told me Scottsdale Police were on the way to let me in my room. I started crying. I was so weak and could barely stand. But I had my lap top, atleast $5,000 worth of my jewelry, 2 Coach purses, and 3 pairs of Versci, Coach and Gucci sunglasses. Not to mention the clothes, and other personal items. My husband and I had been traveling from one doctor to another for about a month trying to complete a major medical deformaty. So after being advised that I needed to leave the lobby and sit outside, I went and sat with my husband in the sun for about 45 min. Finaly, we left. I don't understand why this happened to me. Needless to say, I retured 5 days later, after I had recovered enough to get out of bed. They returned my clothes, purses and some pairs of shoes. They returned NO jewelry, sunglasses, or cash. I had offered to pay full price for the room, the highest rate they charged, just for one hour access so that I could remove my belongings. That was what prompted them to tell me to wait outside. I don't know what to do. I lost my daughter in December to a fatal illness, and many things in that room were sincerely precious to me. Things of hers. I know this sounds unreal, but I promise you it is the truth. I am still trying to make contact with the "Vice President" to get the issued resolved, but he has never returned my call. And to think that this hotel is family owned and operated. Don't let them steal your stuff. Allthough my situation was extreme, once a thief, always a thief...

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Georgina, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2006

For $80 US per night for the one bedroom and kitchenette plus free cocktails from 5:00-6:30 pm. and also a complimentary hot/cold breakfast which was really good, I would consider this hotel to be a great value for the money. The room's are average decor but very clean and maided every day. Mostly older clientel which meant quiet evenings within the complex.
There are three buildings of units. I would recomend building B which is away from the traffic noise of Scottsdale Rd.
I would definitly rebook here when I go back.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank Craiger
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Stayed for business Apr 23-27, 2006. Was able to get a rate of $59/night ("corporate rate")Free complimentary breakfast everyday at JJ's Cantina was excellent. Real food (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes . .etc)I stayed in a building that faced the tennis/basketball courts, so it was actually pretty quiet, as not many guests made use of that area (as opposed to facing a pool, which is probably much louder). Staff was very friendly. You can tell the hotel may be slightly outdated or in need of some minor cosmetic repairs in certain areas (like the pavement on the tennis court area that I faced was all cracked)But the room itself did the job! I basically had clean, affordable, comfortable, safe accomidation at one amazing price. My only complaint. I had an extremely weak internet signal in my room, and could not actually access the internet from there for most of my stay (a big problem if you need to check email . . etc) I had more luck in the lobby area. However, I would definately recommend staying here to family and friends. You just can't beat the value. The minor hassle with the internet was worth it. You get so much for such a great price!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 25, 2006

My family and I were in Scottsdale for Bike Week...WOW.. what a great time, my son rode on his first Harley Davidson and we made so many friends at the cocktail party, which is poolside. The drinks were fantastic!!! They can make anything...and they are all beautiful bartenders too!! BONUS!!! This is the place we will call our home during our future visits. Our room was cleaned very thoroughly every day and the housekeepers are all nice and very helpful when you ask them for the necessities. The breakfast is very well managed and hearty...a great start to the day for my kids. They loved it because the place has 3 pools and they were determined to swim in each of them before we left. The whole family had a BLAST... we will be back. Great Job to all the staff, they really put the Hospitality in this Resort.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
3 Palms Hotel
#35 of 75 in Scottsdale
Comfort Suites Old Town
#56 of 75 in Scottsdale
Downtown Scottsdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town

Been to Hospitality Suite Resort? Share your experiences!