All reviews small kitchen tennis courts phoenix area hot tub walk in closet separate bedroom old town spring training microwave arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2016

This was our first time staying at this location. We were in Scottsdale to view the local colleges, and it was just perfect! ASU was only 10min away, Scottsdale College was also just a few min away!
The room had mini kitchen which was also great.
The area was clean and we felt safe.
Great Stay for the price!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was great
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to your return! Thank you for taking time to review us as well.

Reviewed April 3, 2016

This place is obviously old and not maintained very well. The heat did not work so the room was cold than I like. The bathroom had tile floors which were very cold without heat. I had to place a towel on the floor just to get to the sink and toilet. Since they only provided 2 towels, my wife and I shared the other one. The hot plate in the room was did not have a grounded plug which I found odd for a hot plate. Lots of minor maintenance items were done poorly, such as - vents were not installed correctly, wrong sized screws used on towel bar, dents/small holes in walls were just painted over instead of filled. Many items seemed tacky for such a high rating. Since I booked this through tripadvisor we did not qualify for breakfast. No extra pillows were provided. The bed was not made properly so I had to make it myself. Overall I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

First, we apologize. Next, it seems that you must have stayed in one of our rooms in most need of attention, (we try to note these and keep them out of order to remodel first, so please share the room number by email or phone). It does not seem that there is much we can do to improve your opinion of us, but we assure you that in general, although we are an older property, we do work hard to keep our rooms clean and in the best shape possible. We do offer extra towels on demand, and extra pillows as well. As noted previously, the room you stayed in is not standard and if we learn the number we will attend to the issues, or place it out of order for one of the first on our remodel list.

Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

After leaving another hotel that was completely dirty, this place was able to accommodate me right away. The front desk was professional and sweet. Room was clean, just a bit outdated-but very clean. There is a pool, restaurant, tennis courts, and close to a lot of stuff so ubering or taking a lyft is cheap. I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2016

It is very kind of you to take time to review our property. You did a very accurate job of describing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

Well, it was not what we expected. Hospitality "Resort" seems to have been part of a larger development from maybe the 1970s -1980s and it is showing its age. There are several buildings and the ones in the back ("B" and"C") look to be residential rooms and "A" where we stayed the short-term ones. There was one creaky elevator for our building and after we got our stuff to the room, we just used the stairs. Our room was far from a "suite' - just an old, albeit reasonably clean, hotel room. There was a tiny kitchenette and sink, but I would not like to depend on long-term cooking there. The bathroom was small with a tiny shower stall - about 3x3 feet.
There is a pool and hot tub in the central area and there are two tennis courts on the property (maybe why they call it a resort). There seemed to be quite a few out-of- staters and some Canadians, so maybe this is a "snow-bird" spot more than a passing-through hotel.
Unusually for modern hotels, they don't offer breakfast, so we got yogurt and fruit at a nearby grocery.
The walls are thin and the TV of the next room is mounted on the wall at the head of your bed. I had to call the front desk twice to get the folks next door to turn off their TV at 1:30AM. After that, I used a "sleep sound" app with white noise on my Iphone to try to neutralize the disturbance (lucky my wife is hard of hearing and not bothered by the din.
I really can not recommend this place when there are so many other options at an equivalent price. Can't remember why I reserved there, but maybe because it was spring training season and rooms were in short supply.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple

We agree with you about the name and as it will be changed in time, (do not have a date at this time). We see you stayed on the 3rd floor in building A - we actually do have 2 elevators in that building, but that is irrelevant as it would not have made a difference in your overall experience. We would like to make you, and others aware that we have 2 different room layouts - your room was our smallest - a studio. It does have a small bathroom and a kitchenette only as you described. There are larger rooms available -- at a slightly higher rate. We do apologize that the front desk agent was unable to keep the guest quiet in the neighboring room - it's unfortunate that the guest was unsympathetic to neighboring boarders so late in the evening, or early morning hours. Some people can be very inconsiderate. Nonetheless, we are sorry you did not sleep well. Of course, we don't know why you chose our property, but it is possible that it is because we are the lowest priced, clean, safe hotel with a great location, during the peak season in this area. We do offer a full cooked to order when you book direct as well. It seems you booked via a 3rd party. If you do decide to give us another try - please book direct to receive that amenity.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

My boyfriend and I had reservations at this hotel from March 16th to March 20th. Had two encounters with the employees, once on the phone earlier on the 16th to advise that our flight would be getting in later than expected and wouldnt be checking in until 1am, technically the 17th. And then upon check in. Both gentlemen were very nice and made us feel very welcome both times. Both seemed happy to help! The room was basic, and not in the best condition. However it was clean (most important!!) The pillows and the bed were not the most comfortable, and the bathrooms were dated and old, however again CLEAN! We were also kind of sweating at night, since the air conditioning just did not seem to get cold enough, but we did not complain about this to the desk as, because we KNEW THIS before staying. We did our research before booking and were not looking for a fancy resort, just someplace clean and to sleep. we read both the reviews by guests, and the hotel's response before staying and knew to expect some out dated aspects here and there. We respected the fact that the property took ownership in the fact that they are an older facility and are in the process of doing some remodeling! My boyfriend and i both agree that we would stay here again. The pool was quiet and nice to lay out by. Have never had interaction with nicer employees at any other hotel than I did here!

Room Tip: Do your research before booking, know what to expect!
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple

We thank you very much for you kind, honest and thorough review. We do wish that you had been cooler during your visit, but we are happy that the staff was friendly and willing to assist. We hope on your next visit our new owners have completed some renovating!