“Fair price”

Hospitality Suite Resort
Ranked #68 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff are very nice and the neighborhood is safe. We arrived in time to enjoy the free drinks happy hour they have every evening poolside. The room was nice and the kitchenette would be nice for an extended stay. The a/c did not work but the weather was nice without it. The free breakfast was good. The young waitress was very nice. The old waitress could take some pointers from the younger girl. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Our staff is very nice – thank you for making a point to share that. We do apologize for the A/C – I welcome you to contact me to tell me what room you were in, so I can send maintenance over to look at it.

Regarding the “older” waitress – there is one on the morning shift – I’ll make sure someone keeps an eye on her technique. Thanks for being our guest.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This a 3 star hotel not a 5 star so I rated it as a 3 star

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and what you would expect

The one area where things need to be improved is the quality of the breakfast supplied with the room.

I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a reasonably price accommodations.

Room Tip: If you like quite ask for a room in building B, buildings A & C are beside a lot of traffic
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

You are correct, we are 3 star property. Thank you for noting our friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms.

I was surprised to hear that the breakfast was not up to par – I did send a copy to the restaurant manager. Usually our guests are quite happy with the breakfast – I am sorry that we disappointed you in this area.
Your room tips are right on the money! Thanks for taking the time to review.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The staff at this resort are friendly and accomodating, from checking you in and out quickly to
the complementary airport shuttle, to daily happy hours, they do their utmost to make you feel welcome. The free shuttles and free breakfasts make this hotel good value for the money. The rooms are clean and well maintained, but the rooms and facilities are a bit dated, which is why rated them at a four instead of a five. I was told by one of the other guests that they offer a good rate for extended stays as well. All in all, a very good experience and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The hotel is larger than it appears from the street and has two or three large units behind the ma...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for recognizing our efforts. Our rooms and facilities are dated - I wish it weren't so, but for the time being it is what we have to work with. We appreciate that you acknowledge our cleanliness and the outstanding staff we have. We hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recommend this place to anyone who wants or needs EASY! First off, you get off the plane walk outside and call for the free complimentary shuttle, which takes appx 15 min, They have ALWAYS been on time. Hotel staff always friendly and check in takes 5 min, they are not slow! When I have been reading these negative comments what I have been wondering, is- are we talking about the same place! First off I will defend these remarks till the end,I live in MN and love coming often to AZ, I have stayed here numerous times,in numerous different rooms and have never had a problem worth airing, if I did I would "just ask" they would be more than willing to check into any issue within reason. The King beds are so very comfortable, the room is always cleaned and linens changed daily,the outdoor gas grills are awesome for cooking dinner,each unit has it's own dishes,refrig,stove micro, coffeepot. I can honestly say I have never had a bad comment to write, So a person forgets to compliment and lets the negative comments take over! The pools are all 3 warm and beautiful and I have personally watched them clean and spray the chairs and deck daily,1 pool area closed for swimming during happy hour, but I imagine that is for safety reasons! Happy hour, is free to every guest and it is any kind of drink you want, never tasted watered down to me! I see staff working every single day, mowing the lawn,taking immaculent care of this property. {most places in AZ don't have lawn} the free breakfast is only when you book through the hotel directly, but it clearly states that in the sites such as Expedia.You are welcome to add that to your room charge if you wish thou, they won't turn you away! And the restaurant is like a sports bar, yes, but just as tasty to the best food I could get at any high buck place, they are friendly, you feel that they truely are happy people! It is close to a public park that has walking trails around ponds,full of nature ducks,birds easy on the eyes!
Starbucks accross street, a food mart, liquoir store,Budget rental down a few blocks. I get up every am and walk/jog the trails nearby never needing a car the entire stay,if you just go for relaxation, warmth, EASY and affordable with hospitable staff.Then I am SURE you will love it here..when your ready to fly back home, they will print your ticket for you and take you to your terminal in the free shuttle van. EASY VACATION!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BarbM151

You are very kind to share these nice comments. More importantly - we are very happy to accommodate you during your visit, and look forward to your next.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed at Hospitality Suites Resort twice and both times it has been an awesome experience. The rooms have been clean, staff polite and professional, happy hour a blast, an incredible full breakfast in the morning, excellent shuttle service too and from the airport, the list goes on and on. Well worth it and will stay there again and again and again. Any negative comments to this establishment......well as they say can't please everyone or some people can never be pleased. All I can tell you is I loved it and will go back and refer anyone flying to the Scottsdale area to stay there.

Room Tip: Both time I have stayed here we have had first floor pool side rooms.....no problems with noise and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle M

Thank you Michelle! We appreciate your great review, and you are correct. We can't please all of the people - but if you are a person looking for friendly staff, a clean room and wonderful location with a great rate too...then we will be pleasing you! Can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a sad experience. Upon arrival staff friendly but when shared we reserved via Expedia everything changed. You do NOT get breakfast included, sign here, initial here and here saying you'll not have breakfast nor smoke in the room, mercy. The hotel offers a happy hour but we wanted a hot tub which is closed during the happy hour. Tested the water both Friday and Sat am it was dirty, cold and it did not appeal to sanitary. The room is old old, the TV is huge, the kitchen is clean and fine, but the bathroom shower, no tub, is so tiny we were glad we are both in great shape and slender. The dresser was old, noted the water damage on the base of the dresser. BTW, there are no amenities, glad I carry my own soap and soap dish. Housekeeping kind, friendly and kudos to Lucas and Jason the only part of the experience worth 4 stars. A plus,it was quiet. Parking is free but the arrangement of the room is all out of date. Price not worth it, and not having breakfast not an issue in a buffalo wing, hamburger restaurant, esp since we eat organic. The rug is merely a covering faded wine/reddish in color and the bed was very soft, towels replace any loofa you might want. It was clean and location to #202 was good plus walking distance to many great healthy eateries. Glad we were there a ltd time and out early the next day. Advertising a hot tub is false for sure. NO return and it was over priced for this reviewer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you can walk up steps.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyfeworksjkl
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Very sorry you did not enjoy your visit. We do not make any attempt to misrepresent ourselves. We are an older property. Our room description does state shower only on the Studio Suites - our One Bedroom Queen, and our One Bedroom with 2 Beds each have tub/shower combinations. We do provide amenities such as, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in all of our rooms - refreshed daily. Also, we do have a hot tub on the premises. I do not know why you felt that the property, or the pools were unclean -- we may be old, but we pride ourselves on cleanliness.

I am sorry that you did not receive breakfast. We offer the breakfast and a lower non-breakfast rate when you book direct as an incentive.

Again, we are very sorry you were disappointed. I hope the rest of your trip went well for you.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

stayed for 2 nights on a tour it was fine for that. rooms a bit un clean shower mouldy didn't spend much time in room. there was a free bar for 2 hours per night with watered down cocktails. we were on a bus tour so spent most time out and about. unsure of anything round about I think there were a few supermarkets that we got some supplies from

Room Tip: lifts tiny so ask for ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I promise you our rooms a very, very clean. We are older, but we are not dirty. Side note; We do not water down our drinks at the free happy our--if it's warm, ice may melt - but I promise you they are not watered down.