Hospitality Suite Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)
View Hotel
All reviewshappy hoursmall kitchentennis courtsclose to the airportbit datedphoenix areahot tubwalk in closetseparate bedroommini fridgeroom rateliving areaking bedrental carspring trainingtempepools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

So I did a quick selloff with Westjet Vacations to Phoenix. I always thought this was the meca of old people(as we are called the snowbirds). Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The place I picked was basic, but clean and an actually fantastic location. I arrived at oneish, to 94 degree weather, (it had snowed here) changed up and was on a local bus to Tempe market place. Shopped till I literally dropped and man I couldnt wait for a drink and wow, there is a meet and greet going on and guess what Happy Hour, but the real meaning to it is that it is all FREE. Yup, I somehow thought it was 2 drinks welcoming you, nope unlimited and fun ones at that, till I think from 5-6:30. Anyway, met my friends Bjorn and Ziggy from Aussi via Berlin(who were biking the Pan Am highway all the way from Alaska to somewhere where the penquins live) ( They even gave me a very tame motorcycle ride yeah) and a whole lot of others. So, when the jackhammmers stopped in my head the next morning...I have to stop using the word surprise BUT there is a free breaky included and not the kind that is a tiny dry muffin and coffee but an order meal that is just for the the hotel guests. They have a nice little whirlpool that not many people used and 3 pools that were a little chilly but were hardly ever occupied. The rooms were basic with a kichenette...fridge hotplate and microwave. Best of all were the guys working behind the desk...Lance or Lane took abit of getting used to but the others were just way too friendly and helpful. They even printed off my boarding passes. I know.
Back to shopping, I bought a day pass for like 5 bucks and went to old Scottsdale that was nice then took the free trolley to THE SCOTTSDALE fashion center. Everyone warned me that i might be out of place there but hell ya dont judge a book by its cover. Ok I did go into Jimmy Choos and the security guard didnt leave my side, (I petted a pair of amazing boots and left) but there are all kinds of affordable other stores like Charming Charlies which is unreal and wish I would have found it sooner. Soooo many boots. I swear the Phoenix area is the boot capital of the world. Anyway, one can just do so much shopping or only have so much money so I took the FREE bus ORBIT the other way and rented a bike (OMG mint green cruiser for 20 bucks at Tempe Cycle I think) right by ASU and played Mary Poppins for awhile. I biked around the lake/river in the middle of the desert and be darned if I didnt come upon Mill Ave shopping...many nice store owners let me bring in Big Green Mintie as I forgot to get a lock. They did say lots of stuff disapears so be careful. After biking in the desert I found the BEST EVER fish and chips place...an irish pub,Shoot cant remember name, but the best surprise (there that name is again) is that it has a patio in the back that is so great and hot...Did I mention that it snowed where I come from. Anyway, I biked back to return Big Green, caught the bus back and was just dying for a beer but oh not 5 yet and found a ton of used clothing shops to have some fun with. Went back and started the Happy Hour all over again. Great couple of days, yes and I didnt even get to go to the Sedona desert or the Grand Canyon or a Suns game or ........I was only there 4 days.....IT was a fantastic trip except that I lost/misplaced/ forgot A plastic bag full of my wordly possessions in the airport/customs/van (Oh right Hospitality Suites give you a free ride to airport and back. Unreal) I packed up my address books to re-record, some receipts to claim and the such as I thought I was going to be bored in Arizona.....ha I was wrong....If anyone finds my stuff let me know...thanks cant wait to go back and rest

Room Tip: I wanted quiet and it is so anything is good, it was slow so I was in the 2nd floor and brought my chair out and sat on balcony/sidewalk and watched the sun go behind the mountain things
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tanner8
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had such a great time. We can't wait to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This little "resort" hotel is no 5-star, but its clean and well-kept, and definitely affordable. Its a series of 3 or 4 2-3 story walk-ups, with each set surrounding a small but nice pool and hot tub. There's also a couple of reasonable tennis courts. Rooms are small but serviceable and clean - nice little kitchenette with mini-fridge, grill, toaster etc. Enough to allow you to save a bit by eating in once in a while if you like. Very friendly staff, and very nice central location - easy access to all kinds of golf courses, Old Towne Scottsdale, and half an hour from the Mesa market. We would definitely stay here again - a very good place for anyone wanting to stay in the Phoenix area on a budget.

Room Tip: Main (A) building is right of the main road; getting into buildings B or C can be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for such a flattering and accurate description of our property. We are not 5 star, but if you are traveling on a budget and enjoy beautiful landscaping, a relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff we are a great choice. We welcome your next visit and appreciate your comments.

On another note - on the review "CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER STAYED HERE", I answered that without noting on the title of the post - the Prime Minister did not in fact stay at our hotel. He did however meet and have his photo taken with our owner and that photo is posted in our pool bar.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel may be a little older than some hotels (about 20 years old would be my guess) but it is very well maintained and in a great area that is close to the airport, Old town Scottsdale and other sites. Our room was great , clean and staff was fantastic. Great breakfast also. The one thing that amazed me at this hotel compared to other hotels that we have stayed at was the managers happy hour by the main pool area. This is a nice way to welcome guests and meet other travelers. At the first nights happy hour, I was amazed to see a few pictures of the Canadian prime minister with the hotel owner and was told that he has often come to this resort to relax. The staff was more than helpful in giving us any sight seeing tips. On the second nights happy hour the owner was there and walked up to every guest and thanked them for coming and welcomed them. Now this is very classy and much appreciated. This is also something that you would not see at the larger more expensive hotels. Our stay at this hotel was fantastic with great value compared to some other more expensive hotels that we have stayed at and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTravelers278
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit, as well as meeting Mr. and Mrs. Jackson at the complimentary cocktail party. They have been coming down since they opened the hotel over 30 years ago, to meet our guests and I know they will appreciate your recognition. Thank you again for the kind comments.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

As with previous reviews, the decor is a tad dated. However the location, is excellent for the airport, Phoenix its self and the old town of Scottsdale. We stayed two nights and even with the jet lag slept really well. The managers happy hour is excellent way to meet the other guests and wind down after a day sightseeing.

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank burngold

I appreciate your review and taking your time to write it. I am sorry that I did not get to meet you on your visit! I really hope that on your next visit we have the opportunity to meet--call me direct and I will keep you posted on any and all promotions, or specials we have running at the time. It's great to know that you enjoyed your visit - that's what we like to hear and what we work hard for!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times, and we keep coming back. The staff is always kind and helpful. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The location is perfect it is between the Tempe Marketplace and Old Town Scottsdale, both locations that we like to frequent. The price is also reasonable for the amenities provided. My complaints are that the blinds that do nothing to prevent light from coming in starting at 6am, the sheets were slightly scratchy and the walls are paper thin. If you are looking for a luxury resort this is not it. If you are looking for a place to stay that is in a great location for a reasonable price and don't need to be pampered, this place is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SpazKatt

It’s nice to know that you and your husband enjoy coming back to be our guest. We have many staff members that have been here for years, and I’m sure it’s nice for everyone to see a familiar face. We are an older property, but we work hard to keep everything clean and in good repair. We have discussed replacing the blinds with black out curtains, but first on our list is new linens – black out curtains are coming, we just don’t have a date. Our locations is ideal for the Valley –we are pleased that you enjoy being our guest and look forward to your next visit.