“Nice Stay for the Money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North

Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Nice Stay for the Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This Hotel is a little Hard to find from the Freeway but worth the extra few minutes to find it. Well located from some good restaurants if you like Italian Food. We found the Hotel to be clean, accommodating with a terrific free breakfast. The Staff were all helpful and they cooked fresh chocolate chip cookies and rang our room when they were ready... Good Stay....Thanks

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank George K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buntingford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Only stayed here one night as on a busy tour of SW USA, but it was a perfectly nice stay. The hotel amenities were fairly basic, but the rooms were really good, comfortable and clean. The included breakfast was very good - we really enjoyed making our own pancakes!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John H
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear John H,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here, because we want all our guests to enjoy themselves while they are with us. I hope you had a great tour and a safe trip home.

Guest Relations Mananger
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here as part of a Travelsphere Western USA tour and was very impressed with this hotel. The room was comfortable, spacious, clean with coffee maker and fridge. Managed time to use the pool which was lovely and a bonus was the free buffet breakfast which was more than adequate. Staff were very friendly too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SophieLancashire
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear SophieLancashire,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating about your recent stay at our hotel. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. I hope you had many great experiences and many fond memories of your US tour, and that you will let us serve you here again should your travels ever bring you back to our area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stay here about 4 nights per month when we're in Phx and we love it. Our room is always clean and comfortable and everything works. The staff is efficient, and Amanda and Rachel at the front desk are superb. Throw in free breakfasts and a Rewards program and you have our home away from home.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmandly
Dear jmandly,

Thanks so much for your loyalty and lovely review. I am so glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay, with the best in accommodations and service. We love welcoming you back and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

... this hotel, while not a resort, is in first-class physical condition, so far as I could see. The staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is Holiday Inn Express standard. Contrary to the TV ad, I felt no urge to pilot a jetliner or perform brain surgery after staying there. Probably just a fluke.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear David G,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in our breakfast, and not having the urge to become a pilot or surgeon - I do think, tho, that you are a superstar in the review writing field! I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room itself was quiet, but we had a lot of problems with cleanliness/functionality at this hotel. Got out of the shower, grabbed a towel, pressed it to my face and it stunk. Bad. None of the other towels smelled like this one. It really wigged me out especially since I had shoved my face into it.

We were near the exit to the rear parking lot so entered and exited during our entire three day stay through that side door. There was a dead cockroach in the hall. Now, I'm a city girl and lived in Phoenix for a long time so a dead cockroach is a good cockroach as far as I'm concerned. My problem was that it was in the hall for our entire three day stay. I couldn't understand how housekeeping couldn't have seen it.

The ironing board was bent, dangerously, so that the hot iron actually fell off of it and narrowly missed landing on my foot. My boyfriend had to hold the ironing board for me while I ironed my shirt.

The staff was terrific and very accommodating. They replaced the towel within five minutes and offered to come up and fix the TV, which for some odd reason was unplugged when we checked in. (The plug was way in the back and very difficult to get to.) But after complaining about this, then the towel, I didn't feel like worrying about the cockroach and the ironing board. It was just too much work at that point.

To be honest we ended up staying our last night in central Phoenix at a different property (I also reviewed them on Tripadvisor) for about 1/2 the price of this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chersull_99
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Chersull_99,

I am so sorry we didn't do a better job of providing you with the excellent service and quality that we endeavor to provide for all our guests. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. I'm sorry that our housekeeping team didn't notice the cockroach and damaged ironing board. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation so that this doesn't continue or recur. We would like the opportunity to learn more and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this personally with you. I hope you will give us a chance to make this right.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very good place to stay. The staff is super and has a can do attitude if there is an issue. Rooms are well appointed and pretty sound proof (as hotels go) there are some areas that could use a little touching up... Clothes washer and dryer worked very well. The wifi stayed on task. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance if one is so inclined.
However over all, I'd say two thumbs up ! I shall return. :)

• Stayed August 2013