“Home away from home”

Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stay here about 4 nights per month when we're in Phx and we love it. Our room is always clean and comfortable and everything works. The staff is efficient, and Amanda and Rachel at the front desk are superb. Throw in free breakfasts and a Rewards program and you have our home away from home.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmandly
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear jmandly,

Thanks so much for your loyalty and lovely review. I am so glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay, with the best in accommodations and service. We love welcoming you back and look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North

Reviewed October 16, 2013

... this hotel, while not a resort, is in first-class physical condition, so far as I could see. The staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is Holiday Inn Express standard. Contrary to the TV ad, I felt no urge to pilot a jetliner or perform brain surgery after staying there. Probably just a fluke.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear David G,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in our breakfast, and not having the urge to become a pilot or surgeon - I do think, tho, that you are a superstar in the review writing field! I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room itself was quiet, but we had a lot of problems with cleanliness/functionality at this hotel. Got out of the shower, grabbed a towel, pressed it to my face and it stunk. Bad. None of the other towels smelled like this one. It really wigged me out especially since I had shoved my face into it.

We were near the exit to the rear parking lot so entered and exited during our entire three day stay through that side door. There was a dead cockroach in the hall. Now, I'm a city girl and lived in Phoenix for a long time so a dead cockroach is a good cockroach as far as I'm concerned. My problem was that it was in the hall for our entire three day stay. I couldn't understand how housekeeping couldn't have seen it.

The ironing board was bent, dangerously, so that the hot iron actually fell off of it and narrowly missed landing on my foot. My boyfriend had to hold the ironing board for me while I ironed my shirt.

The staff was terrific and very accommodating. They replaced the towel within five minutes and offered to come up and fix the TV, which for some odd reason was unplugged when we checked in. (The plug was way in the back and very difficult to get to.) But after complaining about this, then the towel, I didn't feel like worrying about the cockroach and the ironing board. It was just too much work at that point.

To be honest we ended up staying our last night in central Phoenix at a different property (I also reviewed them on Tripadvisor) for about 1/2 the price of this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chersull_99
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Chersull_99,

I am so sorry we didn't do a better job of providing you with the excellent service and quality that we endeavor to provide for all our guests. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. I'm sorry that our housekeeping team didn't notice the cockroach and damaged ironing board. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation so that this doesn't continue or recur. We would like the opportunity to learn more and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this personally with you. I hope you will give us a chance to make this right.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very good place to stay. The staff is super and has a can do attitude if there is an issue. Rooms are well appointed and pretty sound proof (as hotels go) there are some areas that could use a little touching up... Clothes washer and dryer worked very well. The wifi stayed on task. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance if one is so inclined.
However over all, I'd say two thumbs up ! I shall return. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Albyfli
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Thank you Hoilday Inn Express for the wonderful visit. This hotel is spotless and everyone there were so kind and professional. My husband loved the breakfast, the pool was lovely, and there's a little golf green near the pool. Special thanks to Michelle, Tedi, Steve, Rachel and Amanda. I have worked for Hilton for many years and I would rate this hotel an easy '10'. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you like swimming ask for a poolside room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jody G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Jody G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your wonderful review of our hotel. It's guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service and accommodations very enjoyable. We really appreciate your compliments about our team, and I'll be sure they are recognized for being mentioned here by you. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th stay since February. They consistently have great service and wonderful staff who care very much for their clients. I travel a LOT in a year and this is the BEST HIE I have stayed at, hands down. Very nice outside courtyard, adjacent to pool area. Great for the little kids to work off their energy. Very nice open feel in the lobby. Great Pool and deck.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Askcarolyn
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Askcarolyn,

Thank you for your many visits and great review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are here.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I needed a room for a one night stay in Phoenix. We are very familiar with the Scottsdale area and after reading mixed reviews on this and other properties we decided to give this property a try. I have worked in the airline industry for over 13 years and have stayed at hundreds of hotels and when it's said and done you usually get what you pay for. Customer service is the determining factor for me and my family. This HI express made every part of my stay great! From the time I checked in at 11pm the front desk agent Sheila made sure I got in my room quickly and even offered to get milk for my 3 year old because she knew we just flew cross country and were tired. She then proceeded to upgrade my room to a pool view room and then honored my late check out request for the next day
(Not with the typical ok you can stay till 1pm Token but with a Check out time of 3pm which allowed us to get some needed rest)
The breakfast buffet was good and food was better than the reviews I read. Hotel is around the corner from Shea blvd and Scottsdale rd all of the stores and restaurants are there
And last but not least the beds were more comfortable than the 5 star hotel I stayed at in FL before I arrived in AZ!! (No exaggeration)
I WILL STAY HERE AGAIN

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Parksrblessed
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Parksblessed,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team, and I'll be sure to recognize Sheila for being mentioned her by you. I'm glad to know you'll return to us and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North