“Still a perfect location for baseball”

Comfort Suites Old Town
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
portland,oregon
“Still a perfect location for baseball”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the third or fourth time we've stayed here and it fits the bill for us every time. It's a five minute walk to Scottsdale stadium, plus it's a short walk to Old Town and other sites. The breakfast is forgettable but you're not there for that. Our suite was on the second floor and has two queens and a sofabed.There was a fridge and a micriowave in the room and we took full advantage of both. Our room had a view looking towards the stadium which meant we didn't get the afternoon sun so it didn't get too hot.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention one person in particular. Pat has been there for years and is always pleasant and helpful and always smiling. She helped me figure how to navigate the Phoenix airport to pick up my sister. (The worst airport by the way; I hate that airport! It's easy to find yourself going in circles, stuck on the outside with no way to the inside lanes. ) Armed with her directions, I got to my destination with no trouble. She's the best they have!

Room Tip: If you don't want the afternoon sun heating up your room, ask for a room facing the stadium.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello TravelGuy51_9!

Greetings from sunny Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, thank you for choosing to stay with us once again on your recent visit to Scottsdale for Spring Training. We are very pleased that you have made us your home away from home, and we look forward to seeing you again next year - if not sooner!

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding the hotel, and for my employee in particular. As our goal is to make our guests' stays as pleasant and enjoyable as possible, we often times do not hear the positive impact that we make on our guests. Please know that I have shared this review with Pat, and let her know how her assistance helped to make your stay truly wonderful! If there is anything else that we can do to enhance future guest experiences, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your time in posting this review for other travelers. We wish you safe travels as you journey, and look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We received the call no parent should ever have to take, our son had been in a terrible motorcycle accident and was in Scottsdale Osborn Hospital.

We were on the next flight to be at his side and found ourselves with no place to stay.

Even though it was Spring Training season here and spring break, the hotel gave us a room at a special hospital rate even though that meant not making what they would have made from the baseball crowd.

That to me is the sign of a hotel with integrity and values.

We will always be grateful and have add this hotel to our list of must stays...oh and Scottsdale Old Town is right there...stay here to see Old Town, you will not go wrong.

Room Tip: Park the car and walk the two blocks to old town...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello TonyA!

Hello from Scottsdale, AZ! It is starting to warm up a little here, and I certainly hope that spring is starting to take hold of your home by force!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I do know that life can be very busy, especially when there are things that are stressful and potentially life changing occurring. We know how scary that can be, and are very happy to have been of help, and of service to you and your family. We do hope that everything is well with your son, and that things are moving in a more "normal" fashion. Should you need to come to Scottsdale in the future, we would be honored to be of service to you once again.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for allowing us the opportunity to be of service. Until we see you again, be well and travel safely!
Forest Knolls, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here for my first SF Giants Spring Training visit with a friend. We shared a room with two queen beds from February 28-March 3, 2014. I was very surprised and pleased at the comfort of the bed and pillows. I have chronic back issues and now sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress at home. The bed here was one of the best I've slept in away from home! We never heard the rooms on either side of ours. I'm giving the hotel a "very good" rating just for this. Otherwise, I would stay elsewhere next time. The air conditioning was via a wall unit that was very loud and annoying, as was the bathroom fan. The bathroom was very small. There were only two drawers, so one for each of us, and no closed closet. The only food available was a continental breakfast and I'd prefer having a restaurant in the hotel. We used the spa once; the provided towels were very small. The pool's indoors and a little funky. The property was close enough to Scottsdale Stadium to walk. Since I travel infrequently I'd like more amenities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Julia W, and greetings from beautiful Scottsdale!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, I would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We do know that you have many options when you travel, and we are very happy that you came to stay with us!

Thank you also for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your time is very valuable, and regardless of whether the feedback received is positive or negative, we appreciate you and the time you took to let others know how your stay went!

I do see that there were several bright spots in your visit - the beds are truly wonderful, and the quiet must have been wonderfully relaxing! However, I do see from your review that we fell short in other areas. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I do know that we try to give our guests all the correct information regarding our property when the reservation is made, and also to keep our information current and up to date on our website. I apologize if there was any miscommunication or confusion regarding the services and amenities the hotel provides. If there is something that we can do to help alleviate any miscommunication, please do not hesitate to let me know! Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and provide them with a wonderful experience, and I apologize that we fell short in that for you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and until we see you again, we wish you safe travels!
Roseville, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We couldn't have been closer to our favorite team and their stadium. A longer walk took us to Old Town with art galleries and restaurants. Special thanks to the manager who took care of my husband's phone that was left behind when we went to the airport---whew! This is not a fancy hotel but the breakfast and closeness to the stadium fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello TravelFan95661!

Hello, and greetings from Sunny Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, we are so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to town for Spring Training. We do know that you have many options in hotels, and it was truly a delight to have you choose to stay with us!

We are so very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that we do our very best not only to meet, but to exceed our guests' expectations when they stay with us. It appears that we succeeded in helping to make your time in Scottsdale memorable and enjoyable! And you are absolutely welcome for the return of the phone! It can be a very disorienting thing to be without, and we were very happy to be of help to your husband. If there is anything that you can think of that especially helped to make your stay wonderful, please do not hesitate to let me know. I welcome all feedback from our guests, as it enables us to continuously improve our services and amenities. i

Once again, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future, or on your next trip to Scottsdale!
Shakopee, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you are looking for a property close to Scottsdale Old Town this is the place to stay. It is within walking distance of Old Town. The property is clean, it is a bit worn down but not enough where it is not worth the value you pay. The front desk seemed a bit confused a short staffed but I truly believe the people who were working there were trying their best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Greetings Sue S from Sunny Scottsdale!

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Scottsdale. It was truly an honor to have been of service to you!

It is wonderful to see that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us. We are definitely happy that you found the value of your stay was worth the visit! I do apologize that we are not fully up to date, but please know that we are very much hoping that some of this will be rectified in the near future. If there is anything that you would like to share with me that especially stood out - either positive or negative - of someone or something during your stay, I would welcome any feedback you would like to share.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Kailua
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Average. Bathroom outdated. Front desk service average. Younger two gave good service, older two needs training. Slow wireless internet in room. Thin walls. Heard noise from hallways and room above. Older computer for guest use. Terrible printer. Ink needs to be changed and I did mention it but the gentlemen did really care. Located in old town but not in a convenient area and not in walking distance to the restaurants. Good - lots of parking, large suite, microwave and fridge in room, 24 hour coffee /tea service in lobby. Sorry for the bad reviews but don't want to miss lead anyone who are considering staying here. As for myself, I would not stay here again, sorry!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Good morning Phyllis Y!

Good morning and greetings from beautiful Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff, I want to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We know that you have many choices when traveling, and we were honored to have been of service.

Thank you as well for writing a review regarding your stay with us. While it is disappointing to see that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would prefer, we do appreciate the honest feedback regarding the hotel. While there are things we cannot fix, the challenge you experienced with the guest computer printer and with our front desk staff can be. Thank you for letting me know your experience, and please know that I have shared this with the staff member you encountered. Our staff should always be warm, friendly, inviting and above all, should care about any challenges you have, be it from the guest printer to finding you the perfect restaurant for your dinner. Again, I am very sorry that this was not the experience that you had. If there is anything else regarding your stay that you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Again, thank you for staying, and thank you for your review. We would love to see you again on your next visit to Scottsdale!
ogden utah
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This moderately priced hotel is located in a great place to travel many directions around the surrounding areas. The hotel was very clean, room was nice and well done. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good and lots of choices. I am single staying at the hotel four nights in a way comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel if you want to be a touch thrifty yet have a great location with a clean room experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Greetings from beautiful Scottsdale, Singleguy77!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We were truly honored to have been of service!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff were able to help make your stay more enjoyable. As always, please feel free to reach out to me with anything you'd like to share, either positive or negative, that helped to impact your stay. This will help us to continue to improve our services and amenities.

Once again, thank you for staying and reviewing. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Scottsdale!