“Comfortable, Clean, but Loud” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Scottsdale North
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago
“Comfortable, Clean, but Loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. However, the A/C unit was LOUD. Every time it kicked on, it woke me. The other people in my party experienced the same with the units in their rooms.

The room is otherwise clean and comfortable. The room was a bit oddly setup. I did enjoy the private deck.

Breakfast was a bit expensive. There is a starbucks that offers breakfast.

Parking was plentiful, same as with the rest of the city.

The hotel does have good shampoo and conditioner.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be about the same. The A/C units all are loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear you had issues with the air conditioning unit in your room. We will discuss this issue with our Engineering crew to make sure that you don't have the same experience the next time you stay with us. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

this hotel is close to shopping and sites in the area, I stayed there for business. The front desk is very nice and responsive, I had a few problems in my stay and it was taken care of professionally and quickly, they are customer obsessed and if I am in the area I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We love our prime location near some of the best shopping, restaurants and golf courses our city has to offer. Our staff trains daily to know how to handle guest issues, so I am pleased that they were able to fix your problems quickly. We hope that you choose to stay with us next time you're in town.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I work in the Scottsdale Airpark and what was to be a 30-45 day stay, became long standing extended stay (6 months so far) until I find appropriate personal property to my liking in the area, work comes 1st for me. Well after a long day at work what I experience is a clean room, comfy bed, great wifi service, and channels a plenty on television. The staff is impeccable at making sure everything is perfect, their attention unparalleled. For those considering, budget $$ friendly for the property you see, perfect area for all the surrounding amenities, such as shopping, entertainment and restaurants. They have a great Bistro for breakfast & dinner purposes, and the staff always makes my visits for meals pleasurable! If you are looking for that home away from home experience this is the spot for you. Marriott has built an exceptional concept with Courtyard! I highly recommend, and especially this location. The personnel takes it serious to see your stay is very accommodating. Exceptionally clean property, and the nicest house keepers too! ENJOY

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool area have great exterior view from patio/balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank James K
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such an amazingly kind review. We love having you as our guest and have come to think of you as part of our family. All the staff, from front desk to housekeeping, values their jobs and looks forward each day to providing the best service available. We hope you enjoy your holidays with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I love staying at this hotel. It is one of my favorites and will not stay anywhere else when I visit Phoenix!

The rooms are impeccably clean, well aranged to ensure the comfort of all guest. The housekeeping staff is very friendly. They do a wonderful job maintaining the rooms clean and they respond efficiently to all request.

The front desk employees are amazing!!! I travel quite a bit and have worked in the hotel industry in the past, and I can honestly say they are the most efficient, friendly, knowledgeable and caring hotel staff I have ever encountered. It is a pleasure to interact with them.

The bistro is really great place to get food. The staff there is also very frindly and nice, especially Kathie, Scott and Katelyn.

I cannot wait.to go back to this hotel. Its a vacation every time I go there.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you back at our hotel soon.
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Oh how I love staying at this hotel! I stayed at this hotel last year for a family event and loved it! They had such great service, everything was clean and organized, and the location is perfect for me when visiting my family and friends and also being able to go shopping! (Scottsdale Quarter is right down the street.) To my surprise NOTHING has changed! This place is like my 2nd home away from home. A few of the people that I remember their names were Kathy, she was GREAT! She was so sweet and funny and very helpful! David was also a wonderful help and nice to look at. The service here was impeccable and I love the new courtyard look, its very posh.

I don't know anyone who complains about having too many pillows on the bed but that is one of the things I personally LOVE about this hotel, they are not stingy about those pillows. I was quite surprised to read that someone found this hotel "disgusting", that is absurd and shocking. My brother stayed at the Courtyard by the airport and I can honestly say that it is not that great. I hope that person gives this hotel another chance because it is the BEST COURTYARD I have ever stayed at and I cannot wait to come back and visit!

Thank you to the entire staff at this location YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW!! Thank you soo very much for that glowing review. The best part of our jobs is hearing that the hard work our staff puts into making sure our guests are satisfied is appreciated. We love to hear that you consider our hotel a 2nd home for you in the Valley of the Sun. We look forward to having back as our guest soon.
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This property has been well kept. It is clean and modern. Staff was friendly. The biggest complaint is the sleep quality. While room was quiet the bed and pillows were uncomfortable.

The bed was hard as a rock. It was clean. But hard. The pillows (and they had a lot of them on the bed) were all either lumpy or hard. Kept waking up during the night and back and neck were aching by morning. I've stayed at plenty of hotels (I'm Gold at Marriott and Gold at Hilton) and this was one of the worst beds I've slept on. My colleague who stayed at same hotel complained about his bed as well.

Not a bad property. Just a bad bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the bed and pillows. During our recent remodel of the hotel, we replaced all the mattresses and purchased new pillows and sheets. We hope that you give us another chance to wow you with our great customer service and newly decorated guest rooms.
Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I spend about 100 nights a year in Courtyard properties. When in PHX I generally stay at the airport Courtyard, which I recommend as highly as any property I have stayed at. The N. Scottsdale location looks like every other and the service was very nice. However, in the two days I stayed here I had three of the grossest hotel experiences in recent memory.

Day 1) I check in late at night and unpack. Walk into the bathroom and look at a big, nasty spot on the floor in front of he toilet, with hair stuck in it. I'm too tired to complain so I go to sleep with a plan to complain I the morning.

Day 2) next morning I wake up and get out of bed. I have an itch on the back of my neck and scratch it. Something comes away and I look at my hand to discover a foot long black hair stuck to it. Same color as the hair in the bathroom. I have short brown hair so I know it isn't mine. Gross. I stop by the front desk on my way out and ask them to clean the bathroom.

Later on day 2) that evening I order a sandwich from the hotel restaurant. Back in my room I am halfway through it when I notice a patch of short blonde hairs on the bread. Seriously? I run into the bathroom to spit out what I already had in my mouth and what do I see? The same gross sticky spot from the night before on the floor. This was just a horrifyingly disgusting stay. Never again. The courtyard concept and layout is fantastic but you have to do better than this guys. I have never been happier to check out of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jeff H
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your thorough response and feedback. That is inconsistent with our standards and guest experiences. We are also concerned over your experience. We would love to discuss with directly, to confirm you were at our specific location. Besides the cleanliness not being consistent with our everyday practices, we are also puzzled at the Bistro experience while we do not have any blonde employees in that area of the hotel.
Whether this was at our specific Courtyard or not, it has given us an opportunity to share with our staff how their work can impact each guest's stay. Each member is dedicated to be diligent in cleanliness and continue providing exceptional service.