“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I love staying at this hotel. It is one of my favorites and will not stay anywhere else when I visit Phoenix!

The rooms are impeccably clean, well aranged to ensure the comfort of all guest. The housekeeping staff is very friendly. They do a wonderful job maintaining the rooms clean and they respond efficiently to all request.

The front desk employees are amazing!!! I travel quite a bit and have worked in the hotel industry in the past, and I can honestly say they are the most efficient, friendly, knowledgeable and caring hotel staff I have ever encountered. It is a pleasure to interact with them.

The bistro is really great place to get food. The staff there is also very frindly and nice, especially Kathie, Scott and Katelyn.

I cannot wait.to go back to this hotel. Its a vacation every time I go there.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you back at our hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Oh how I love staying at this hotel! I stayed at this hotel last year for a family event and loved it! They had such great service, everything was clean and organized, and the location is perfect for me when visiting my family and friends and also being able to go shopping! (Scottsdale Quarter is right down the street.) To my surprise NOTHING has changed! This place is like my 2nd home away from home. A few of the people that I remember their names were Kathy, she was GREAT! She was so sweet and funny and very helpful! David was also a wonderful help and nice to look at. The service here was impeccable and I love the new courtyard look, its very posh.

I don't know anyone who complains about having too many pillows on the bed but that is one of the things I personally LOVE about this hotel, they are not stingy about those pillows. I was quite surprised to read that someone found this hotel "disgusting", that is absurd and shocking. My brother stayed at the Courtyard by the airport and I can honestly say that it is not that great. I hope that person gives this hotel another chance because it is the BEST COURTYARD I have ever stayed at and I cannot wait to come back and visit!

Thank you to the entire staff at this location YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW!! Thank you soo very much for that glowing review. The best part of our jobs is hearing that the hard work our staff puts into making sure our guests are satisfied is appreciated. We love to hear that you consider our hotel a 2nd home for you in the Valley of the Sun. We look forward to having back as our guest soon.
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This property has been well kept. It is clean and modern. Staff was friendly. The biggest complaint is the sleep quality. While room was quiet the bed and pillows were uncomfortable.

The bed was hard as a rock. It was clean. But hard. The pillows (and they had a lot of them on the bed) were all either lumpy or hard. Kept waking up during the night and back and neck were aching by morning. I've stayed at plenty of hotels (I'm Gold at Marriott and Gold at Hilton) and this was one of the worst beds I've slept on. My colleague who stayed at same hotel complained about his bed as well.

Not a bad property. Just a bad bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the bed and pillows. During our recent remodel of the hotel, we replaced all the mattresses and purchased new pillows and sheets. We hope that you give us another chance to wow you with our great customer service and newly decorated guest rooms.
Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I spend about 100 nights a year in Courtyard properties. When in PHX I generally stay at the airport Courtyard, which I recommend as highly as any property I have stayed at. The N. Scottsdale location looks like every other and the service was very nice. However, in the two days I stayed here I had three of the grossest hotel experiences in recent memory.

Day 1) I check in late at night and unpack. Walk into the bathroom and look at a big, nasty spot on the floor in front of he toilet, with hair stuck in it. I'm too tired to complain so I go to sleep with a plan to complain I the morning.

Day 2) next morning I wake up and get out of bed. I have an itch on the back of my neck and scratch it. Something comes away and I look at my hand to discover a foot long black hair stuck to it. Same color as the hair in the bathroom. I have short brown hair so I know it isn't mine. Gross. I stop by the front desk on my way out and ask them to clean the bathroom.

Later on day 2) that evening I order a sandwich from the hotel restaurant. Back in my room I am halfway through it when I notice a patch of short blonde hairs on the bread. Seriously? I run into the bathroom to spit out what I already had in my mouth and what do I see? The same gross sticky spot from the night before on the floor. This was just a horrifyingly disgusting stay. Never again. The courtyard concept and layout is fantastic but you have to do better than this guys. I have never been happier to check out of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jeff H
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your thorough response and feedback. That is inconsistent with our standards and guest experiences. We are also concerned over your experience. We would love to discuss with directly, to confirm you were at our specific location. Besides the cleanliness not being consistent with our everyday practices, we are also puzzled at the Bistro experience while we do not have any blonde employees in that area of the hotel.
Whether this was at our specific Courtyard or not, it has given us an opportunity to share with our staff how their work can impact each guest's stay. Each member is dedicated to be diligent in cleanliness and continue providing exceptional service.
SJC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very nice Courtyard located in prime N. Scottsdale Area close to major freeways. The rooms are very nice, well kept as is the Lobby. The Front Desk was excellent checking us in within minutes and very friendly. Could not ask for a better stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to make sure each guest gets outstanding service and feels at home, so thank you again. We hope you choose to stay with us again during your future travels.
Kent, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights recently on a mix of business and pleasure. The staff is excellent, very helpful for all requests from dining out to dining in, dry cleaning, local things to do, etc....Room was nice, only issue was a broken hinge on a cabinet we didn't use. Bed was good, pillows are so-so. Overall a very good alternative to 200 dollar + rooms in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor and you get a nice outside space with a short walk to the pool
Green Features: Policy is change sheets every three days. I asked to do it every other day and they complied with no issue.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent hotel stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and are very pleased to have provided you with a great stay. We apologize that you had a broken hinge on a cabinet and we have since had our Maintenance staff repair that issue. We hope that you choose to stay with us at a future stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for work often and never write a review. I love this staff and can't wait for another business trip!!! I would highly recommend it!
If you get a chance hike camelback mt early in the am. Amazing views!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Our staff looks at each of our guests as family and we treat them accordingly. We are happy that you choose to stay with us often when in town for business. One of our favorite hikes we recommend to guests is the Camelback Mountain Hike which was just recently reopened and preserved. We hope to see you again soon!